Can I split a PDF booklet

Hi

I have a requirement to split a PDF document which is formatted as a PDF booklet i.e. two A5 pages on an A4 page, laid out as follows

Input
Page 8 Page 1
Page 2 Page 7
Page 6 Page 3
Page 4 Page 5

Output
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8

I see that you have a MakeBooklet routine, do you have a SplitBooklet routine? If not is there a way splitting an A4 page into two A5 pages and saving them out as individual pages. I am working in .NET.

Many Thanks
Ian Tyrrell

@ityrrell

Thanks for contacting support.

Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to split PDF files by page. For more information please check “Split PDF Pages” and “Split PDF file to Individual Pages” article(s) in our API documentation.

In case you want to split a single page into two pages, please share a sample input document along with some more details of your requirement. We will test the scenario in our environment and log an investigation ticket accordingly.

Hi

Thanks, yes I do want to split the booklet into separate A5 pages.Can you please provide an example of how to do this?
Attached is an example pdf.

Regards
Ian TyrrellBooklet_Example.pdf (13.5 KB)

@ityrrell

Thanks for sharing a sample PDF document.

I am afraid that the feature, you require, is not yet supported by Aspose.Pdf but we have logged a feature request as PDFNET-43536 in our issue tracking system. Our product team will further investigate the feasibility of required feature and as soon as they share some feedback regarding its availability, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.