Can i use aspose excel to import data from excel to sql server

I am writing a web application and since I did not wanted to install MSoffice on my web server I looked at aspose words and it workd great.NowI want to create an web app to upload a excel file, view it in the browser and map the excel columns with the datbase fields names and import the data.Since I do not have msoffice installed on my web server I wanted to know ,if Aspose excel has anything similar to import files.

thanks

Ali

Hi Ali,

Aspose.Cells for .NET does not demand to intall MS Excel to be installed either on the client side or on the server side. But when you want to view the file into the browser at runtime, you need to install MS Excel at least on the client side. The component provides a number of APIs to fetch data from the worksheet and fill a datatable or array. E.g.., Cells.ExportDataTable(), Cells.ExportArray(). So, you may extract data to fill up a datatable and then save the data in the datatable to Server's database.

Alternatively, you may try our other control i.e.., Aspose.Grid.Web (Check the demos: http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Grid/Demos/) . The grid like control can import/export excel files in WYSIWYG manner.

Thank you.