Can I use the same embedded XLSX file for getting the chart data for multiple charts in Aspose Slides?

Hello.

I had a small issue a few days ago, mainly with PPTX file sizes (I posted it here : (<a href=" ), and I have recently found the reason of the PPTX file size.
It is because there are many XLSX files inside it that are similar at some degree and when the PPTX gets compressed the file size get reduced a lot.
I guess that is because the compression in ZIP is
done per-file and the similarities between files are not taken into account in
the first compression.

But when you zip it once as PPTX and the multiple files become one ZIP file,
then re-zipping it seems to reveal the similarities between the files in the
initial ZIP.

What I want to ask is this:
Can I somehow use the same XLSX file, but different sheet inside it for each chart to get the data for my charts in PPTX?
Now I have many XLSX files
embedded in the PPTX with only one sheet each. I want to have only one XLSX embedded with many sheets in it (one sheet for each chart).

Thank in advance,
Kostas

Hi Kostas,

I have observed the old issue shared by you and have also linked the same with this thread as well so that you may be notified once the updates will be shared by our development team.

For your second requirement related to using single excel file for multiple MSO charts added using Aspose.Slides, I like to share that it is neither issue with Aspose.Slides nor it is possible to have a single excel file that is shared by all charts. This is my opinion based on fact that when you even add multiple charts using PowerPoint, even then you will obtain the separate excel file for each chart to hold its data. Aspose.Slides does and follows the same as PowerPoint. For your kind reference, I have attached the presentation and its extracted form. The presentation has been generated using MS PowerPoint. In order to have further opinion from our development team, I have also created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-34409 as investigation that is there any possibility to fulfill the requirement shared by you. I will share the further feedback with you in this regard as soon as it will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Hi Kostas,

Our development team has investigated the requirement of using the single excel file as chart data source for multiple charts and regret to share that this requirement is not possible. Even, PowerPoint does not allow to do so and I have shared the same with you in my former post.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-34409) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.