Can no longer save files

Hi! Upgraded an existing working project from aspose slides 14.x to latest (17.8) because we needed the ability to save to Pdf and Pdfnotes (in the 14.x version it just said that the feature was not yet supported).

Upgraded project to use latest slides (17.8) and now cannot save/output to PPSX (which is what the program did originally OR to PDF/PDFNotes.

Code (C#) looks similar to this:

HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.slideshow";
        HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=" + pptout.Replace(".pptx", ".ppsx"));
      pres.Save(HttpContext.Current.Response.OutputStream, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Ppsx);

=================

And what I keep getting is:

Specified method is not supported.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.

Source Error:

Line 230: HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentType = “application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.slideshow”;
Line 231: HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader(“Content-Disposition”, “attachment;filename=” + pptout.Replace(".pptx", “.ppsx”));
Line 232: pres.Save(HttpContext.Current.Response.OutputStream, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Ppsx);

(and the error is pointing to line 232)

Same thing if I switch the output format to Pdf or PdfNotes.

So now I am not only unable to generate PDF (which was the original reason for updating the project) but cannot go back to saving PPSX files, either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Never mind, I found the issue (was not the export.saveformat, but rather trying to write it directly to the response.outputstream… not sure why this same code worked fine with Aspose Slides 14.x and not with 18.x, but I altered the code to save the output to a temporary file first, then response.transmitfile() the temp file.

@codeWhisperer,

Its good to know the things are resolved on your end. Please share if I may help you further in this regard.