Can not convert a PDF to TIFF B&W Gr4. compression - 300dpi

I have a sample PDF document which we use for stress testing our application which is based on your compoent and there we have a problem to generate a TIFF B&W - Group 4 - 300dpi rendition from this PDF. The PDF is a 10MB file with 1100 pages.

You can download it from here:

http://www.may.co.at/webrr/respfile.php?file=MAYComp/Current/RO/Test_PDF_with_1100pages.zip

We tested with windows 7 - 64bit and with 5GB RAM - the applicaiton runs as a service and is written with C# - only one thread because there seems to be also a problem with the parallel processing.

We successful converted the the PDF to

• 150dpi - true color - TIFF LZW - 438MB

• 300dpi - true color - TIFF LZW - 1,5GB

• 150dpi - b&W- TIFFGroup 4 - 38MB

• 200dpi - b&w - TIFF Group 4 - 56MB

but when we try 300dpi -b&w - TIFF Gr. 4 - the conversion is not performed successful and we get an conversion error.

Can you please check this why it is not possible to convert this PDF to b&w - 300 dpi - TIFF gr. 4 when 200dpi is possible and when 300dpi color LZW is possible ?

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the details and template file.

I checked your issue and I am able to generate the Tiff image but it took a lot of time (around 39 minutes) to generate the tiff file (94.5 MB file). I have registered a performance enhancement issue in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-33324. You mentioned that you are not able to generate the tiff file at your end. Do you get some error or exception? Please share your sample code as well. This will help us figure out if you are facing any other issue or the similar performance issue. Following is my sample code:

//create PdfConverter object and bind input PDF file

PdfConverter pdfConverter = new PdfConverter();

pdfConverter.BindPdf(@"E:\Test PDF with 1100pages.pdf");

Resolution resolution = new Resolution(300);

pdfConverter.Resolution = resolution;

pdfConverter.DoConvert();

//create TiffSettings object and set ColorDepth

TiffSettings tiffSettings = new TiffSettings();

tiffSettings.Compression = CompressionType.CCITT4;

//convert to TIFF image

pdfConverter.SaveAsTIFF(@"E:\Test_PDF_with_1100pages2.tif", tiffSettings);

pdfConverter.Close();

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hey,
I try to convert a pdf file to Tiff, i used the method that you notice, but i can’t convert more than 4 pages.
How can i convert the whole pdf file to tiff.
Thanks for your support.

Hi Leen,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.

It seems that you are facing a license restriction.

If you are not using a valid license, then you may get a 30 days free temporary license to evaluate your required features of Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Please use the below link to acquire a temporary license (choose “Get a Temporary License” option).

http://www.aspose.com/purchase/default.aspx

Please feel free to contact us in case you need any further details or face any issue.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,
yes i forgot to set the license, the problem was resolved.
Thanks for your support.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33324) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.8.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.