Can not get images from Splitted PDF Document

Hi Team,

I am trying out Aspose PDF Kit for quite long time. I have got one issue which is looking critical. I tried searching post but did not get any proper resolution. Please read below for the problem, I first created an object of PdfFileEditor and splited that main PDF Document to a smaller PDF Document see the code segment below-

PdfFileEditor pfe = new PdfFileEditor();

pfe.splitFromFirst(inFile, 12, outFile);

or

pfe.extract(inFile, 1, 10, outFile);

Now after Split I tried extracting images from the newly formed PDF Document. But Aspose is unable to do so. it's extractor.hasNextImage() of PDFExtracter class does not return any image for this newly extracted document. Please guide me for the same or let me know if you need more details.

Regards,

Amit

Hi Amit,

Can you please share the PDF file you're working with? Also let us know the version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit you're using.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We can reproduce this problem and we have logged it as PDFKITJAVA-9203 in our tracking system. We will try our best to solve this bug ASAP.

In addition, we are more grateful if you can share your pdf documents.

Hi Team, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for the response.

At present we are not using any specific document for the testing. At present requirement is that the document must have Bookmark and Images. You can find two such document "userguide.pdf" and "image.pdf" in attachment. These documents are just for reference. You can use "image.pdf" which comes with Aspose Toolkit examples. I am attaching both original and generated document for "image.pdf" in attachment. We were unable to extract images from generated "generated.pdf" document.

Please inform us once a fix for this reported issue is available so that we can go further in testing. Also feel free to if you need more details or something which can help you resolve issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Amit Kumar Tyagi

Hi Team,

Just to add in my last mail, please be informed that we are evaluating Aspose for our requirement to extract contents of PDF Document. For more information on to requirement you can see the thread -

<A href="</A></P> <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>When we tweaked the approach to meet the requirement with exisitng Aspose API, then we got this new issue. </FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>So please keep us informed if any such update/patch or a fix is available.</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks and Regards,</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Amit Kumar Tyagi</FONT></P>

Hi Amit,

Thank you very much for sharing the PDF files. Our team will be looking into the issue and you'll be updated via this forum.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 9203) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.