We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Can not run the project with Internet Explorer 7

Hello,

I have created a sample project to tests some features of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.
At first I haven’t added the key in the web.config file for the directory acw_client. It runs well, without the pictures of course.
Then i wanted to see the pictures so i have added the path to acw_client in my web.config file. It doesn’t run at all with Internet Explorer 7 and I don’t understand why.
With FireFox 18 no problem the page displays well in few seconds but with IE7 it crashes and I have no error message.

I have attached my project in this message so please help me to solve this problem I have to make Aspose works on Internet Explorer 7 (and in another already existing project the Grid runs well on IE7 I am completely lost). I have not included the dll files because with them the .zip is too fat for the forum.

Thanks for your answers.

Well i think i found the issue.

When i remove this line :
The application runs well and i have my Grid displayed in Internet Explorer 7.

But the scrollbars don’t appear ? I can’t click on a cell or scroll down.

Well i was realy desesperated so i reinstall Aspose.Cells and recreate a new project.

Same thing… in appearance ! I decided to wait (IE7 freeze) to see if i can have any error and after 7 minutes, the grid was displayed well ! Context menu runs, scrollbars too.
I don’t understand why it is taking so much time to display a Grid with 50 columns and 50 lines empty…


Hi,


I see some strange definition of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb in your web project. Also the application settings in the web.config file should be as following:

<add key=“aspose.cells.gridweb.acw_client_path” value="/acw_client/"/>

Also, the first load may take a little time for 50 blank cols you are creating, but once loaded, you may easily navigate to the cells and insert data without any problem.

We recommend you to kindly check the featured demos solutions on your VS.NET and run them to see if you find any issue:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry294646.aspx


Thank you.


As I said I have created a new project.
I have these lines in my Web.config :







The project runs but… More than 5 minutes to open an empty Grid with 50 columns and lines it’s too much ! I don’t understand why it is taking so much time.

When i had tested last week on an existing project, I have used a Grid with data imported from an Excel file which has around 100 columns and 50 lines and the grid displayed in few seconds…
By the way even if I put just 5 columns and rows the grid takes several minutes to display…

I am facing this delay issue just with Internet Explorer 7. With FireFox or Chrome the grid displays almost immediately !
I think there is something blocking on Internet Explorer 7 but I don’t understand what.

Please take a look at my project on attachement.

Hi,


I tested your project and it works fine. I don’t have IE7 installed on PC at the moment, I have IE9 where it works fine without much delay. It should also work fine on IE7 without any such delay. I also tested your project on Chrome which also works fine.

Could you try to evaluate your issue on your end. Also, try to check on IE9 and IE8 if it works fine there.

Thank you.

The fact is that i have to use Internet Explorer 7 because it is the browser used by the future end-user of my application which uses Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

Like I said i don’t have any delay with Firefox or Chrome. I think it comes from my computer or my Visual Studio environnement but I can’t figure why for the moment.

I have found the issue !

I don’t know if it is a bug, but my delay and freeze problem comes from the use of MaxColumn and MaxRow attribute on the control.
When i remove these 2 attributes from my aspx it works fine.
I tried to fix the MaxColumn and MaxRow number in the code behind like this :

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
if (!IsPostBack)
{
GridWeb1.MaxColumn = 15;
GridWeb1.MaxRow = 15;
}
}

And it works fine.
So the problem is by declaring the GridWeb like this :

<agw:GridWeb ID=“GridWeb1” runat=“server” Width=“800px” Height=“600px” MaxColumn=“15” MaxRow=“15”></agw:GridWeb>

Is it a bug ?
Thanks for your time !

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Please provide us your simple runnable sample project that replicates the problem you mentioned.

We will look into your project and help you asap.

You can find a sample project in my old post in this topic on 8th february.

Hi,


Well, I don’t find the issue by running your project on IE9 as I don’t have IE7 installed on my pc. For the sake of investigation, I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41404” for your issue. Our concerned developer will try to test your issue on IE7 on some other machine. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41404) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)