Can we format the Contact Notes?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is some way to set the format of Exchange contact notes? When I update a contact on Exchange server, the notes turn to HTML.

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting your query.

You can format the Contact Notes in Html or Plain text format using the NotesFormat property of the Contact class. Please try the following code sample at your end and share your feedback with us.

Code:

Contact contact = new Aspose.Email.Mail.Contact();
contact.DisplayName = "ContactInHtmlNotes";
contact.NotesFormat = TextFormat.Html;
contact.Notes = "Notes in Bold format - HTML";
IEWSClient client = GetAsposeEWSClient();
client.CreateContact(contact);

Hi Waqas,

Thank you for the sample code. It works. By the way, out of curiosity, I just saved the contact to disc as Msg and the HTML tags are visible in the Notes field. Can you please check if there is somethign wrong with the code?

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for pointing out this issue.

The same issue can be reproduced here at our end using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 5.3.0 that has been logged as EMAILNET-34792 in our bug tracking system. Our product team will investigate it further and we shall share the update here as soon as it is available.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-34792) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.