Cannot accept new proposed times for appointments 5.1.0.0 (C# .NET)

@sannip,

Please try the solution given below using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET API.

Step 1: Create an appointment and send it to the Organizer and the Attendees

Appointment appointment = new Appointment(
"Meeting Room 3 at Office Headquarters",// Location
"Monthly Meeting",                      // Summary
"Please confirm your availability.",    // Description
new DateTime(2018, 10, 22, 13, 0, 0),     // Start date
new DateTime(2018, 10, 22, 14, 0, 0),     // End date
"OrganizerEmail", // Organizer
ToAddressCollection);                // Attendees

appointment.UniqueId = "CM0001";

MailMessage mailMessage = new MailMessage("OrganizerEmail", ToAddressCollection.ToString(), "Test Appointment", "Test Appointment");

mailMessage.AddAlternateView(appointment.RequestApointment());
smtpClient.Send(mailMessage);

Step 2: Create an appointment and send it to the Organizer only.

Appointment appointment = new Appointment(
"Meeting Room 3 at Office Headquarters",// Location
"Monthly Meeting",                      // Summary
"Please confirm your availability.",    // Description
new DateTime(2018, 10, 22, 13, 0, 0),     // Start date
new DateTime(2018, 10, 22, 14, 0, 0),     // End date
"OrganizerEmail", // Organizer
"OrganizerEmail");                // Attendees

appointment.UniqueId = "CM0001";

MailMessage mailMessage = new MailMessage("OrganizerEmail", "OrganizerEmail", "Test Appointment", "Test Appointment Additional Message");

Step 3: Propose a new time.

We hope that this fixed the issue you were facing. We are looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks for the quick response.

I still see the same issue “Meeting cannot be found in calendar”.

I see this issue, when organiser is same as the attendee which is the case with step 2. Attaching the outlook message of organiser.
aspose.png (13.8 KB)

Are you not able to see this issue, when we set organiser and attendee to the same email?

@sannip,

We were using Outlook 2013 for our testing. Maybe the issue is with Outlook 2010. We will test it on Outlook 2010 and update you accordingly.

Any updates on this? Did you test this with outlook 2010?

@sannip,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We are configuring a sand boxed environment to test this scenario. We will update you as soon as additional information is available.

@sannip,

We apologize for the inconvenience. There were some technical difficulties while testing on Outlook 2010 but we were able to reproduce the “Meeting cannot be found in calendar” issue in Outlook 2013. We have logged this issue as EMAILNET-39149 in our issue tracking system for further investigation. We will update you as soon as additional information is available.

Any update on this?

Thanks

Thank you for your inquiry.

The issue is pending analysis due to other pending issues in the queue which were logged previously. Please note that issues under free/normal support model are resolved on first come first serve basis and have low priority unlike the paid/priority support where issues are dealt with high priority. As soon as we have some information regarding the issue, we will let you know. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please give us some time.

In the meantime, please share the steps that you would take to generate such appointments using Outlook without using Aspose.Email API.

Any updates on this?

Even if I use a single appointment,
I see that no meeting requests are sent to the organiser, if not added as an attendee.
And If I add organiser as both attendee and organiser in the appointment, the organisers calendar shows “Meeting not found in calendar” error.(As already mentioned earlier).

Any other way to just send the organiser the same email as attendees and add the appointment to every ones calendar(organiser and attendees).

var mailMessage = new MailMessage
 {
     From = new MailAddress("organiser@testOrg.com.au"),
     To = new MailAddressCollection { new MailAddress("attendee1@testOrg.com.au"), new MailAddress("organiser@testOrg.com.au") },
     Subject = "subject",
     Body = "<span>sample test</span>",
     IsBodyHtml = true,
     ReplyToList = new MailAddressCollection { new MailAddress("organiser@testOrg.com.au") }
 };

var appointment = new Appointment(
     "Location",
     DateTime.Now.AddHours(1),
     DateTime.Now.AddHours(2),
     mailMessage.From,
     mailMessage.To)
 {
     Summary = "test",
     Description = "test",
     UniqueId = "CM0001"
 };

var smtpClient = new SmtpClient("mail.testOrg.com.au", 25);

Thanks,

@sannip,

I have worked over your requirements and have created an issue with ID EMAILNET-39415 as enhancement to further investigate the requirements. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Any update on this?

@sannip,

Can you please try using latest version on your end and share if the issue is still incurring on your end or not.

I tried with the latest version 20.4.0. I still see the same issue.

@sannip,

We have internally discussed the issue and we need to investigate this again with new API. I have added a new ticket with ID EMAILNET-39847 in our issue tracking system to investigate the issue again on our end and will share the feedback with you as soon as possible.

Any update on this?

@sannip,

The issue has just recently been created in our issue tracking system and is pending for investigation. We request for your patience and will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

Hi mudassir,

I first reported this issue in September 2018, almost 3 years ago.

After a little back and forth with non working solutions, it was confirmed as reproducible and issue EMAILNET-39149 was created.

This issue seems to have been lost as then EMAILNET-39415 was created.

Then again, yet another new issue was created EMAILNET-39847.

All in all after almost 3 years and having paid for and upgraded to the latest version we are still waiting for a fix - do you think this could be given any sort of bump in priority?

@sannip,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience on your end. I have raised the priority of the issue to High and we request you to be little patient. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Any update on this?

@sannip,

Unfortunately, this requirement cannot be met because the appointment for the organizer and attendee on the server are linked objects, any changes on one side(organaizer) will be displayed on the other side(attendee).

We could not find way to provide different bodies for organizer and attendees. If any user sends an appointments via SMTP to different peoples, the exchange server interprets this as a different events, then the organizers calendar shows “Meeting not found in calendar” error. It is normal behavior.

As a result of our investigation, we have found a solution that can help you. If you will use Office 365 for the organizer account and EWSClient of Aspose.Email, and send a regular email after the appointment, then the Office365 calendar displays this email linked to the appointment.

In our opinion, this meets your requirements and only possible solution. Please refer to following sample code and the resultant image.

static void Main(string[] args)
        {    
            var calDoc = new Appointment(
                "Test Location",
                DateTime.Now.AddHours(1),
                DateTime.Now.AddHours(2),
                new MailAddress("test4@XXX.onmicrosoft.com"),
                new MailAddressCollection { new MailAddress("attendee@XXX.com") });

var calMsg = new MailMessage
            {
                From = new MailAddress("test4@XXX.onmicrosoft.com"),
                To = new MailAddressCollection { new MailAddress("attendee@XXX.com") },
                Subject = "Testing various body333.",
                Body = "sample text for attendee333"
            };

calMsg.AddAlternateView(calDoc.RequestApointment());

IEWSClient client = GetClient();
            client.Send(calMsg);

var calMsg2 = new MailMessage
            {
                From = new MailAddress("test4@XXX.onmicrosoft.com"),
                To = new MailAddressCollection { new MailAddress("test4@XXX.onmicrosoft.com") },
                Subject = "Testing various body333",
                Body = "sample text for organaizer333"
            };

client.Send(calMsg2);

}

private static IEWSClient GetClient()
        {
            NetworkCredential credentials = new NetworkCredential("test4@XXX.onmicrosoft.com", "PASSWORD");
            return EWSClient.GetEWSClient("https://outlook.office365.com/ews/exchange.asmx", credentials);
        }

365.png (64.8 KB)