Cannot Access Child Background Shape of SmartArt Shape

I have a simple PPTX with a Pyramid List SmartArt shape. I can access the individual list items as SmartArtShape objects in Aspose.Slides by traversing the SmartArtNode collection. There does not seem to be any way to access the shape that contains the background pyramid. I can see the pyramid shape in PowerPoint, select it, and see its properties (such as background fill). Is there a way access this shape in Slides or if not can this be added to the product in a future release?

@mjohnson.desknetinc.com,
Thank you for posting the inquiry.

To help you in the best way, we need some additional information. Please share the following:

• presentation file with the SmartArt shape example
  • screenshot with the properties in PowerPoint you need to access
  • programming language you are using

You can zip the files and upload them here.

Here is the PowerPoint I am working with. The language is Java. What I am trying to access is not properties, but the entire Shape object which is internal to the SmartArt shape but is not a SmartArtShape object. I have circled the shape of interest in the screenshot.
SmartArt Internal Shape Issue.zip (105.8 KB)

Thank you for the additional data. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

I’ve reproduced the problem with access to the pyramid shape and added a ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-38748 to our issue tracking system. Our development team will investigate this case. We will inform you of any progress.