Cannot convert document to pdf in chinese

Hi Awais,

we are following on this issue since several days. Therefore I suggest it will be better if you can set a WEBEX ( Go To Meeting) so that you can get a hands-on the same.

Regards,

Saurabh

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your inquiry. For the sake of any correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10446. Our development team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Saurabh,

The html provided by you specifies Arial and Helvetica fonts to be used for the text. As these fonts do not have glyphs for all languages contained in text, they should be substituted. Aspose.Words uses the Arial Unicode MS font for such substitution. Comparing the PDF provided by you and the PDF generated on our end, it is clear that your PDF has no embedded Arial Unicode MS. This can mean that the Arial Unicode MS font is missing on your computer. According to this list, the Arial Unicode MS font is not supplied with Windows 2008. This font is a part of Microsoft Office. Most likely, the server where the issue occurs does not have Microsoft Office installed. Therefore, we suggest you please install the Arial Unicode MS font on the machine where the issue occurs. The font can be found on any computer with Microsoft Office is installed.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. However, I would like to know what would be the potential benefit if I use (/purchase) Aspose.pdf instead of Aspose.Words.

Will it resolve my issue here?

Would appreciate if you can help guide me on this. Do I need to change me code in order to get all the languages / cultures in the output pdf ( which is not working using Aspose.words in my Windows 2008 server) using Aspose.pdf license.

Thanks,
Saurabh

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have checked your scenario with Aspose.Pdf, unfortunately Aspose.Pdf has the same issue and there will be no difference if you move to Aspose.Pdf. Generally, Aspose.Words’ HTML engine is more mature; could you please try the workaround from here and see how it goes on your end?

Best regards,

Thanks for your reply.

Before we install any font in our environment I would like to know what will happen if we change the font of the input text(in htm file) from Arial to any othet font (Calibri for example).

I was trying generate the same pdf after changing the font of the text from Arial to Calibri, I observed new languages are not coming properly.(please refer the attached files)

I got cunfused here. Because in our scenrio end user can change the font to any available font from their end before generating the pdf.

Please confirm and advise.

Please treat this as an URGENT.

• Hindi
  • Armenian
  • Bengali
  • Georgian
  • Thai
  • Hebrew
  • Arabic
  • Persian
  • Urdu
  • Yiddish

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that no single font can cover all the languages, and you need to install a proper font (the one your customer is using on his side) for a proper rendering to PDF. In this case the problem occurs because Calibri font does not have glyphs for all these languages contained in text, they should be substituted. Aspose.Words uses the Arial Unicode MS font for such substitution, and it again can’t cover all these languages. So, the solution would be to install them on the machine you’re performing conversion to PDF.

Best regards,

Hi,

Regarding WORDSNET-10446, our development team has completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behaviour you’re observing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue as ‘Not a Bug’.

Best regards,