Cannot find an entry for the specified position in the PLF

I use Aspose in conjunction with a wrapper written by Click Commerce. (Not sure if there are other Click customers on these forums). I thought I’d post here since the error suggested it.

thanks,
Scott

Aspose.Asposeword.getDocument() Exception occurred Aspose.Word.PleaseReportException: Cannot find an entry for the specified position in the PLCF. For free technical support, please post this error and the file in the Aspose.Word Forums [http://www.aspose.com/forums/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=75](/forums/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=75).
at ৎ.ඡ.ඬ(Int32 ઀)
at ৎ.ഊ.อ(Int32 ೰)
at ೥.ᆌ.ᆧ(Int32 ᆨ, ੲ ೹)
at ೥.ᆌ.ᆠ(Char ྗ, Int32 ൾ, ੲ ೹, ༻ ೺)
at ೥.ᆌ.ᆙ(ੲ ೹, ༻ ೺, ᆬ ᆗ, Int32 ࠚ, Int32 ے)
at ೥.ᆌ.ᆘ(Int32 ೲ)
at ೥.ᆌ.ᆖ(ᆬ ᆗ)
at ೥.ᆌ.Ԉ(Int32 ᆕ, Int32 ے)
at ೥.ᆌ.Ԉ()
at ೥.೤.ۗ()
at Aspose.Word.Document.Ֆ(Stream Ւ, String ৢ, LoadFormat ઺, String ܞ)
at Aspose.Word.Document..ctor(String fileName, LoadFormat loadFormat, String password)
at Aspose.Word.Document..ctor(String fileName)
at Aspose.Asposeword.getDocument(String filePath)
2006.04.06 16:37:34 (IRB-e58): Asposeword.mailMerge() Exception occurred com.webridge.wom.WOMImplementationError: Aspose.Asposeword.getDocument() System Exception occurred Aspose.Word.PleaseReportException: Cannot find an entry for the specified position in the PLCF. For free technical support, please post this error and the file in the Aspose.Word Forums [http://www.aspose.com/forums/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=75](/forums/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=75).

Please attach the DOC file that causes the problem to the post and we will try to solve.

Please let me know more about the “wrapper written by Click Commerce”. What is it like? Is it a wrapper for Aspose.Words and is it a commercial product?

Do you have your own license for Aspose.Words, is it still in evaluation mode or you didn’t get Aspose.Words license because you bought the Click Commerce wrapper?

The wrapper written by Click Commerce is not a commercially sold product. Click Commerce has an extranet product used by healthcare and research institutions for the automation of document & web form review and approval. Aspose is used by the site to watermark and protect documents. The wrapper is provided to customers who independently purchase an Aspose license, which we did. The latest version of the wrapper to date supports Aspose.Word 3.3.

The document is confidential, so I can’t attach, but I did try copying the document’s contents to a new document, and the same error occured. I also tried deleting the body of text from the document, leaving just headers and footers (merge fields populated by Aspose are in the footer) and it worked.

I will not be able to troubleshoot anything having to do with their wrapper, but I wanted to know what this error indicates so I could communicate that to them. Sorry that I probably can’t provide all the info you need to properly troubleshoot, but if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

thanks,
Scott

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

The PLCF error means there is a some low level mismatch in the binary file. It could be either because the document is corrupted or because there is some undocumented condition we never came across before. The only way we can solve this problem is to step through loading this file in the debugger and learn what is happening. Usually, we can then add a bit of “resilliency” code to properly read documents with this type of condition.