"Black listed licenses" issue while publishing Aspose.Cells for Android via Java app on Playstore

Hi,
I am getting this error when I publish my app on the play store. On the emulator, it works just fine.

Fatal exception:::::::::::::

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create application com.pbaco.android.PBACOApp: g.c.a.w: Cannot find black listed licenses resource or black list is invalid. Please report this error to Aspose.

FATAL EXCEPTION: main

Process: com.pbaco.android.superDoc, PID: 11395
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create application com.pbaco.android.PBACOApp: g.c.a.w: Cannot find black listed licenses resource or black list is invalid. Please report this error to Aspose.
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:5794)
at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap1(Unknown Source:0)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1661)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:105)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6541)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.Zygote$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Zygote.java:240)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:767)
Caused by: g.c.a.w: Cannot find black listed licenses resource or black list is invalid. Please report this error to Aspose.
at com.pbaco.android.PBACOApp.onCreate(:57)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1118)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:5791)

@agargpbaco,
Thank you for your query.

More details are required to investigate this issue as follows:

1. Share your license with us for testing. You may send it via private message to me by clicking on my name icon and then pressing the message button.

2. You may try any simple application without using Aspose.Cells for Android via Java and upload it to play store and observe the behaviour.

3. Once confirmed, create a simplest application using Aspose.Cells for Android via Java (like just initialising a workbook) and try to upload it without using license and share the feedback.

4. If no issue is observed, then use license with the same application and ensure that call to load the license is executed at the earliest before calling any feature from Aspose.Cells. Upload this application and observe the behaviour.

5. If still issue is there, please send this simplest application (complete project) to us for our testing. We will analyse it here and provide assistance accordingly.

Hi @ahsaniqbalsidiqui,
I just found the issue. It seems like when I have ‘MinifyEnabled = true’ for release. It throws this error. Can you give a possible solution.

@agargpbaco,
I have received your private message regarding the license. We will request you again the complete license file if required.

For the issue caused due to “MinifyEnabled = true”, please share your simple test project with us for our testing. We need it for reproducing the issue here and detailed analysis.

Hi @ahsaniqbalsidiqui,
Unfortunately, we didn’t create a test project for this. I just reverted the “MinifyEnabled = true” to “MinifyEnabled = false” which fixed the issue.

@agargpbaco,
We have understood the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix (if possible). Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSANDROID-93 – RuntimeException: Unable to create application with "MinifyEnabled = true" while publishing on play store

@agargpbaco,
We are working on it but can not reproduce it on our side. Could you please share with us a sample project to reproduce the issue.

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui.
Let me see if I can replicate the issue in a sample project. It may take a couple of days.

@agargpbaco,
Thank you for the feedback. Please take your time and share the sample project when ready.