Cannot get ScreenTip to pop up

I have been trying to get a tooltip to appear when the mouse is hovered over a full screen presentation with no luck.

idx = sldEx.Shapes.AddAutoShape(ShapeTypeEx.Rectangle, Blah );
ashp = (AutoShapeEx)sldEx.Shapes[idx];
ashp.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.NoFill;
ashp.LineFormat.Style = LineStyleEx.Single;
ashp.LineFormat.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.NoFill;

ashp.AddTextFrame(" “);
var TextFrame = ashp.TextFrame;
var port = TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0];
var hl = new HyperlinkEx(” ");
port.PortionFormat.HLinkClick = new HyperlinkEx(hl, “_self”, “Tool Tip!”, false, false, false);

port.PortionFormat.HLinkClick does = "Tool Tip!"

In PPT, no tool tip appears when viewing the slide at full screen, nor does the ScreenTip appear when editing the text box hyperlink.

Is there some additional magic needed to get tooltips to work?

Note: the text box is empty. With the PowerPoint COM API this is not an issue, the hyperlink/tooltip is active across the extents of the textbox shape.

I discovered that I can add a HyperLink to a shape, but now the resulting PPT will not open.

idx = sldEx.Shapes.AddAutoShape(ShapeTypeEx.Rectangle, Blah);
ashp = (AutoShapeEx)sldEx.Shapes[idx];
ashp.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.NoFill;
ashp.LineFormat.Style = LineStyleEx.Single;
ashp.LineFormat.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.NoFill;
var hl = new HyperlinkEx(sldEx);
ashp.HLinkClick = new HyperlinkEx(hl, “_self”, “Tool Tip Here!”, false, false, false);

I also tried using the HyperLinkEx.NoAction as the source hyperlink, but that didn’t work either.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please try using latest version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.9.0 on your end. Please try using the sample code shared over this link for setting the hyper link in PPTX. If there is still an issue then please share the source presentation, generated presentation and sample application to further investigate the issue on my end.

Many Thanks,