Cannot instantiate Presentation on VB 2008 Express

Good morning,

after successfully using Aspose.Slides for Java in a recent project, I try to setup an application using Aspose.Slides for .net. I have some trouble getting started, since I’m not able to instantiate a Presentation object in Visual Basic 2008 Express (.net Framework 3.5 SP1). I get the following error:

Method not found: “Void System.IO.MemoryStream.Close()”.

Thanks for any help!

cheers,
JoSsiF

Dear Aspose Team,

this is really urgent! Getting this done TODAY (or not) will affect an upcoming technology decision in our company, entailing investments in several licences of Aspose.Slides.

thx,
JoSsiF

Got it. I compiled the app with .net 2.0 as the target framework using Aspose.Slides.dll v. 2.8.4.0 (the one from the demo) …it does NOT work with the latest version (tried 2.8.8.0 and 2.8.9.0)!

However, I would really appreciate being able to benefit from the latest improvements in upcoming projects. Hope you can fix the problem. Please provide a suggestion if the problem ist not the dll, but me :wink:

regards,
JoSsiF

Hello Jossif,

2.8.8 and 2.8.9 versions contain 2 dlls in the zip file.
The first .dll compiled for .net 1.1 and the second one for .net 2.0.
Could you please try both and write about result.

In case of problem please provide also the code example and we will try to reproduce it.

Hi alcrus,

I just tried both 2.8.8 and 2.8.9 a second time, each with the 2 DLLs (apparently, trying the .net 1.1-version in a 2.0 environment is senseless, it was just for completeness). The above reported exception was thrown again.

Code is dead simple (C#):

using System;
using Aspose.Slides;

namespace myPptConverter
{
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
try
{
Presentation myPres = new Presentation(“C:\demo.ppt”);
myPres.SaveToPdf(“C:\demo.pdf”);
}
catch (Exception e)
{
System.Console.Write(e.ToString());
System.Console.ReadLine();
}
}
}
}

cheers,
JoSsiF

Hello,

Could you provide also source demo.ppt presentation and full stack trace of the exception.

Hi,

sure, no problem:

StackTrace:

bei Aspose.Slides.Presentation.a(hq A_0)
bei Aspose.Slides.Presentation…ctor(String file)
bei myPptConverter.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\my_data\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\myPptConverter\myPptConverter\Program.cs:Zeile 10.
bei System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
bei System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
bei Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I think there’s no need to provide the PPT file. You can take a arbitrary document, or, alternatively, don’t pass a parameter at all, since the constructor throws this exception anyways.

cheers,
JoSsiF

Hello,

The main problem is everything works fine in my tests with empty constructor or any presentation
and there are no exceptions. The only difference is I use VS2008 Team.

I’d ask you attach here presentation and your VS project.
May be you have non standard settings or something else.

Hi,

sorry for the timeout. Please find the project attached.

cheers,
JoSsiF