Cannot load specific calendars

Hello,

1. Can you please gimme a sample code to open the attached calendar files?
    No idea if there’s a bug or I’m missing something?
  • One of them is .vcs, so if you have a sample to load vcs files please share, the other one will throw exception

Documents.zip (1.7 KB)

1. Please describe how to distinguish when loading a calendar vs an appointment, both are saved as .ics right? So how to properly decide to load using which class?

@australian.dev.nerds

Please use the following code snippet to load VCS file.

AppointmentLoadOptions options = new AppointmentLoadOptions();
Appointment.Load("input.vcs", options);

We have logged these issues as EMAILNET-40840 and EMAILNET-40841 in our issue tracking system.

A ticket EMAILNET-40842 has been logged for this requirement.

1 Like

Hi,
Yeah using the same code will throw exception.

Anyway, can you please shed a light on:

Is it the same as different message body parts, ie plain text, html and rtf or is something else?
Can’t get what’s this doing:

• AlternateViews.Add(MyCalendar.RequestApointment)

Thanks

@australian.dev.nerds

We logged this issue in our issue tracking system.

MailMessage.AlternateViews property returns the collection of alternate views of message.

You can use the AlternateView class to specify copies of an email message in different formats. For example, if you send a message in HTML, you might also want to provide a plain text version in case some of the recipients use email readers that cannot display HTML content.

We suggest you please read the following article.
Setting Alternate Text

1 Like

@australian.dev.nerds

Regarding EMAILNET-40841, the source file does not contain an APP component, this is actually a violation of the format structure, so an exception is thrown. We have closed this issue.

Hi, I’ve created that using the latest version of Office 2021, so how should I read those files, any idea?

Hello, @australian.dev.nerds

Yes, Outlook saved the calendar without events.
Although it seems that spec requires at least one VEVENT component.
Aspose.Email works with events in the calendar. Therefore, Aspose.Email expects at least one event in the calendar when it is loaded.

Thanks.