We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Cannot Open An XLS With Many Rows But Excel Can - What Can Be Stated For Limitations

Hello,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have attached an XLS that contains only simple text, but it has a large number of rows. While the XLS is only 4MB on disk, it is plain text that has 20,000 rows and 10 columns. I understand that the size in memory could be much greater. Simply opening the worksheet fails with an out of memory exception: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException'.

We are using SheetRender and Aspose Cells 5.0.0.1. The code sample we are using can be seen in the thread, “SheetRender Creates Blank Pages But Excel Does Not”.

The XLS displays fine in Excel. We realize that there may be some memory limitations that may make opening a worksheet with a large number of rows a problem.

Could you try opening this XLS?

Do you think we should we able to open this XLS?

What should we use as a guideline to define the limitations on the size of the XLS?

Thank you,

Robert

Hi,

Yes, I can open the file fine using Workbook.Open() method. You should also able to open the file fine. There is no limitation set for the size of the XLS file, the bigger you use the file, the more you should have the memory.

For SheetRender, we found it is taking much time, we will further investigate the issue precisely, we will get back to you soon.

Your issue has been logged into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSNET-17903.

Thank you.

Hi Robert,

The issue is fixed in attached Hotfix. Please use it to resolve your problem.

This change allows us to open the XLS. Thanks.

Can you tell us some guidlines for what we should expect to be able to open and should not be able to open?

Hi,

Well, any file (whether is huge sized) that is opened fine in MS Excel, should be equally opened/processed fine by Aspose.Cells API. If you find any issue, we are bound to sort out the issue asap.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 17903) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.