Cannot Open Embedded Files after Processing in PPT

Hi Team!

I have run into an issue regarding processing embedded files in PowerPoint files, namely that the embedded files in the output cannot be opened after they had been edited earlier. I have attached a simple project that you can use to reproduce the issue: it processes PowerPoint files, opens its embedded objects, then saves them back into the root document without any modification.

• Aspose.Slides.NET version: 21.12.0 (latest)
  • Used editor: MS Office 2016
  • Affected root document type: PPT
  • Affected embedded document types: DOCX, XLSX, PPTX
    • The project also contains input PPT files with embedded DOC, XLS and PPT files but they work correctly.

I would be grateful if you could help.

Best regards,
Tamas Boldizsar

embedded_documents_in_powerpoint.zip (499.6 KB)

@tamas.boldizsar,
Thank you for the issue description.
I’ve reproduced the problem with OLE objects and added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43011 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

@Andrey_Potapov

Thank you!

@Andrey_Potapov

Hi!

I would like to inquire about the status of this issue. I can see that its status is “Resolved” but could not find the number of the issue in any of the release notes of this year. Is this already available in any version of Aspose Slides?

Best regards,
Tamas Boldizsar

@tamas.boldizsar,
You are right, the issue is already resolved. A fix will be included in Aspose.Slides 22.5. This release will be published in the second half of May. You will receive a notification.

2 Likes

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-43011) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 22.5 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.

3 Likes