Cannot open file with Aspose.PSD for .NET

Hi!

The psd file from the archive attached below can not be opened. An instance of Aspose.PSD.CoreExceptions.ImageLoadException is thrown while executing:
var image = Image.Load(FilePath)

Tried with Aspose.PSD 20.4.0 and 20.2.0 as well.

Thanks for any help.

sample.zip (38.3 KB)

@arnoldbeilandevozon,

I have observed the issue shared by you and have created an issue with ID PSDNET-625 to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hello,
this is quite serious problem for us - do you have any ETA for the fix?
Regards

@rlaskowski.sdl.

We have investigated the issue on our end. Aspose.PSD doesn’t support the opening of any formats except PSD, PSB, and AI. So this is expected behavior.

However, Aspose.PSD support adding of Png, Jpeg, Bmp, Tiff, Gif formats as a layer: Here is an example on the docs site. There is one other example shared here as well.

We have created a ticket with ID PSDNET-629 in our issue tracking systems for charging the Exception Message on trying to open not supported formats as an image.

@mudassir.fayyaz Please note that the attached zip archive contains a .psd file. I was not able to upload it directly because this forum would only let me add certain file types…

Also, the same file can be opened by older versions of the Aspose.PSD nuget, e.g. 19.2.0.

Note, file can be opened in Photoshop without any problems and after small change and resave, can be processed via PSD API without any problems.

@rlaskowski.sdl.

So, we can consider this issue to be closed then after your successful testing.

@arnoldbeilandevozon,

You can zip your PSD and share separately with us. I will appreciate, if you may please open a separate thread for this.

Are you actually reading the notes above? As I said, if you take the attachment, UNZIP It and extract the PSD from it, then you can open it in Photoshop, as we as you can open it in older versions of the Aspose.PSD.
So please, do not close this issue.

@rlaskowski.sdl,

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you please share which previous version you are able to open the file wit using API.

It was Aspose.PSD 19.2.0 - as stated above in other reply.

@rlaskowski.sdl,

We are sorry for your inconvenience. We have re-opened the issue for further investigation and will share the feedback with you ASAP.

Hi,
is there any progress on this issue, it’s a significant problem for us.
Thanks a lot

@rlaskowski.sdl,

At present the concerned issue is still in progress. We request for your patience and will share feedback with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

Hi,
can you please share any update - this issue is getting really critical for us and we need some help here.
Thanks

@rlaskowski.sdl

Can you please try using following suggested code on your end using latest Aspose.PSD for .NET 20.7.

var filesList = new string[]
            {
                "BmpExample.bmp",
                "GifExample.gif",
   <a class="attachment" href="/uploads/default/41709">PSDNET629_1.zip</a> (524.0 KB)
              "Jpeg2000Example.jpf",
                "JpegExample.jpg",
                "PngExample.png",
                "TiffExample.tif",
             };

var expectedExceptionMessage = @"Cannot open an image. The image file format may be not supported at the moment or cannot be opened in such way. If you try to add Layer, please Open File as a Stream and use AddLayer method instead. Check the documentation https://docs.aspose.com/display/psdnet/Add+Layer+to+PSD";

foreach (var filePath in filesList)
            {
                try
                {
                    using (var image = Image.Load(filePath))
                    {
                    }
                }
                catch (Exception e)
                {
                    if (e.InnerException == null ||
                        !string.Equals(e.InnerException.Message, expectedExceptionMessage, StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase))
                    {
                        throw e;
                    }
                }
            }

Hi!

Please note that because of Regression: Aspose.PSD 20.7.0 breaks font sizes for older files we could not update to 20.7 so we will postpone testing until a newer version is available.

Regards,
Arnold

@arnoldbeilandevozon

We are sorry for your inconvenience. I have added a regression based ticket to address the issue shared in concerned thread. We request for your patience and will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.