Cannot run Aspose.Word for android

Hi there,

I wanted to run the example application for Aspose.Word for Android and I followed the instruction in repository home page (https://github.com/aspose-words/Aspose.Words-for-Java).

When it tries to compile and run the application the memory gets full and after couple of seconds, I get the “Unable to execute dex: GC overhead limit exceeded GC overhead limit exceeded” error.

I have tried this on Linux and Windows platforms but same problem in both.

Could you please help me with this?

Thanks,

Amir

Hi Amir,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please allocate more memory to your Eclipse instance. To do this, go to the Eclipse installation directory and locate the eclipse.ini file. To increase the memory allocation for your Eclipse instance, edit the number in the following lines accordingly.

-Xms512m

-Xmx1024m

I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

I also did try that but no luck!

It just took more time to give me the same error and all 4cores of CPU work at 100% !

Do I need to increase the values more than 1024 and 512?

I think there is sth wrong in there.

Thanks,

Amir

Hi Amir,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have just released Aspose.Words for Android 1.10 and would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version. I hope, this helps. Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce this issue on our end. This does not seem to be a problem with Aspose.Words as one can find many users facing similar issues. Could you please also attach your eclipse project and source document you’re getting this problem with here for testing? We will investigate the issue further on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,