We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Cannot Save a fillable form using Adobe Reader 9

Hi,

I am unable to save a fillable form when using these security settings

PdfFileSecurity security = new PdfFileSecurity(sourceFile, destFile);

DocumentPrivilege privilege = DocumentPrivilege.ForbidAll;
privilege.AllowCopy = true;
privilege.AllowPrint = true;
privilege.AllowFillIn = true;
privilege.AllowScreenReaders = true;
privilege.AllowModifyContents = false;
privilege.AllowModifyAnnotations = true;

security.EncryptFile("", "abcdefgh", privilege, false);

The allow fill in flag is true, what additional settings are required to allow saving of the pdf?

Thanks,

Nou

Hi Nou,

I have reproduced this problem at my end and logged it as PDFKITNET-14628 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once the issue is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

We are an OEM, this issue has been reported in our SASS platform. This is a critical issue for us, we are using 3.8 and I would like to have a patch to address this as soon as possible.
The last issue I reported took three months from time reported to release. Please let me know if you’re not the one I should be asking about this.

Thanks,
Nou

Hi Nou,

This issue was logged today and our team still has to investigate the cause of this issue. It is only when we develop some clear understanding of the problem that we’ll be able to share the time required for the resolution. Please spare us some time and we’ll update you with the ETA the earliest possible.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Regards,

Hi Nou,

Our team has further investigated this issue and I would like to update you with the status.

As the file has extended rights enabled so we can’t encrypt this file. This behavior is same with the Adobe Acrobat as well. If you encrypt such a document the extended rights are disabled that’s why you can’t fill the form fields. However, you might consider encrypting the document before assigning the extended rights.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do let us know.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 14628) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

This issue still exists with the latest update, please see attached pdf for sample.

Thanks,

Nou

Hi Nou,

I had already shared the following comments on the forum; you might have overlooked it. Please have a look at it now.

shahzad.latif:

Hi Nou,

Our team has further investigated this issue and I would like to update you with the status.

As the file has extended rights enabled so we can’t encrypt this file. This behavior is same with the Adobe Acrobat as well. If you encrypt such a document the extended rights are disabled that’s why you can’t fill the form fields. However, you might consider encrypting the document before assigning the extended rights.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do let us
know.
Regards,