Generate PDF/A files Aspose.PDF for .NET - Cannot set AFRelationship tag; PDF/A3 output files fail zugferd/factur-x validation

We need for ASPose to allow us to set the AFRelationship tag in the FileSpecification. Without this capability, PDF/A3 files output from ASPose fail the European (France/Germany) standards for electronic invoices.

Background and sample code attached.

We recently purchased ASPose.PDF for .Net to add PDF/A3 and PDF digital signing capabilities to our ERP application. Our framework code communicates with SSRS to receive rendered PDF reports and then makes calls to ASPose to convert to PDF/A3 and attach structured XML files.

Our first area of dependence on ASPose is to generate einvoices for German/France markets. It’s working fine except for (as far as we can tell) 1 missing setting that causes
our generated files to fail validation by zugferd/factur-x validators.

I am attaching a sample C# application that can be used to demonstrate the issue.
[Example](https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApwksklbywiJiZIl0novAYGHF4JRcg?e=EEamyL)
EInvoice capability was the main reason we purchased ASPose so it’s very important for us to get a fix for this issue.

@EpicorSoftware,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have observed your comments and like to inform that I have created investigation ticket with ID PDFNET-47752 in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve this issue as soon possible.

Thanks. Please let us know status or any advice or suggested workarounds.

@EpicorSoftware,

I like to inform this issue has been added recently in our issue tracking system and as per our company policy, the first priority for investigation is given to the Paid Support i.e. Enterprise and Priority Support on first come first serve basis. After that the issues from normal support forum are scheduled for investigation on first come first serve basis. I request for your patience and we will share good news with you soon.

Hello, any status about this issue?

@EpicorSoftware

I regret to inform that we do not have any updates regarding this issue. I request for your patience and we will share good news with you soon.

Hi,

We are using Aspose PDF since couple of weeks now and we have the same requirement and the same issue as [EpicorSoftware]

Can you please give us an update on your road map in order to know if the issue will be fixes quickly?

As said by the author this AFRelationship is needed in oder to be compliant when sending invoices to french government for instance.

Thanks in advance for your reply

@teogest,

I like to inform that we are working on this and will share ETA as soon as possible.

Hello,

Have you been able to work on the subject?

Thanks in advance for your reply

@Murphy54

Regretfully the earlier logged ticket is not yet resolved. However, we have logged your concerns and will surely consider them during its investigation. We will let you know as soon as we have some certain news regarding avaibility of the logged feature. Please spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

Can you please tell us if you have an update on this ticket ?

This issue is becoming very critical to us as all pdf generated by your dll as considered not compliant for the french government when sendinf them to Chorus Pro.

I would appreciate a answer and an ETA in order to know if aspose can meet our requirement of if we have to look for something else

Thanks

@teogest

The earlier logged ticket is currently under the phase of investigation and we will be in a position to share some ETA once investigation is completed. We have recorded your concerns and will surely consider them during investigation process. We will inform you as soon as we have some news about ETA or availability of the feature. We greatly appreciate your patience in this regard.

We are sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Hello @asad.ali ,

Without an answer from you, I allow myself to revive the subject once again. The topic is open since February 21 and still unanswered and solution provided

@Murphy54

Sadly, the ticket is not yet resolved. Please note that we already had escalated the ticket prirority to higher level despite being logged under normal support. However, the feature is complex in nature and needs significant amount of time in order to get implemented. We surely intend to provide functionality you are looking for however, we need some time and your cooperation in this matter.

@asad.ali

Hi !
Any news about this problem ?

@Murphy54

The investigation is still underway against the earlier logged ticket. As shared earlier, the feature is complex in nature and needs more time to get fully investigated for its feasibility. We will inform you as soon as some updates are available regarding the resolution of ticket. We highly appreciate your cooperation in this matter. Please give us some time.

We apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

Any news 2 months later ?

@Murphy54

We are afraid that the logged ticket is not yet resolved. The requested feature is still being investigated parallel to other tasks and improvements to the API, hence its taking time. We have already recorded your concerns and escalated the issue priority to next level. We will try to complete the analysis as soon as possible and share an ETA with you. We highly appreciate your cooperation.

@Murphy54

We would like to share with you that the issue (filed as PDFNET-47752) has been resolved in the upcoming release Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.11 which will be published in current week.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-47752) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.11.