We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Cannot Set License

I get the following exception:

System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to set license. Details: Could not load file or assembly ‘XXX…, PublicKeyToken=XXX’ or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))
at Aspose.Email.License.SetLicense(String licenseName)

I can get my Aspose.Words.License to work but not Email. I am trying to use my Aspose.Total.lic for both.

Thanks.

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for contacting Aspose Support team.

Can you please share you environment details such as Operating System, .NET Framework information, etc. where your application is running? Please try initiating the license in a simple console based application (other than your main application) and share your feedback with us if you get the same issue.

Hello Kashif,

I have a Windows 10, ASP.NET 5 MVC 6 RC1 Web API Application. I am using runtime dnx-clr-win-x64.1.0.0-rc1-update1. I can get Aspose.Word.License to work but not Aspose.Email.License.

When I run it in a simple console applications, It works fine. The assembly gets loaded and no exception is thrown.

I think it is an issue with Aspose.Email .Net and ASP.NET 5 MVC 6. Because I also get the same issue as described in bug EMAILNET-35134.

Thanks Again,

Hi Gabriel,

The issue is already noted at our end as .NET Core is not supported at the moment. The issue is already logged as EMAILNET-35134 in our issue tracking system and we’ll update you here once there is some update available in this regard.