Can't create Office 365 folder with '/' in name (5.9.1)

Hi there,

I am trying to create a folder using the Aspose EWS client, but what seems to be happening is that the forward slash is interpreted as a folder path separator instead. For example:

ews.CreateFolder(Inbox.Uri, “Email / 2009”);

This will create two folders:
Inbox
Email

Instead of the expected:
Inbox
Email / 2009

Is there a way to encapsulate these and potentially other special characters? I know that the mailbox will support them as I can log in and just simply rename the folder with a forward slash in it and it works.

Thanks!

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have investigated the issue at our end and it seems that the same code, which works with Exchange Server 2010, raises the issue on Office365 server. We have logged the issue as EMAILNET-35054 in our bug tracking system for further investigation by our product team and have also requested to share any work around method to cater this case. We will update you here once there is some feedback or a fix version available in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-35054) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.