Can't create PDF from pptx

I can't create PDF from a pptx (PowerPoint 2007) presentation.

When the following code is executed, new Presentation(slide) causes the error: "Invalid header signature; read 1688935826934608, expected 16220472316735377360":

private static MemoryStream PowerPointToPdf(MemoryStream slide)
{
global::Aspose.Slides.Presentation ppt;
MemoryStream pdfContent;
try
{
slide.Position = 0;
pdfContent = new MemoryStream();
ppt = new Presentation(slide);
ppt.SaveToPdf(pdfContent);
pdfContent.Position = 0;
return pdfContent;
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
System.Reflection.MethodBase methodBase = System.Reflection.MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod();
throw new Exception(methodBase.DeclaringType.ToString() + "." + methodBase.Name + ": " + ex.Message);
}
}

Any idea what might be the reason? I'm running Aspose.Slides 2.8.7.0.

Any help will be welcomed

Bengt
Key2Know

Aspose.Slides.Presentation class works with ppt files only.
Pptx files should be processed by Aspose.Slides.pptx.PresentationEx class, but currently there is no way to render or convert pptx files.

Thanks for your answer.

When will Aspose.Slides support PDF conversion of pptx files?

/Bengt, Key2Know

A rough estimation is 3-5 months from now.

Its already October. Anyone has an idea about when Aspose would come with the support for PPTX files ?

I am curious to know if there is a way to fool mother nature by opening the pptx stream with the presentationEx class, then saving it as a ppt so that I can use the presentation.savetopdf method?

thanks

Dan

Sorry Dan, a conversion from one type of presentation to another is in even mode distant plans than rendering. And, personally, I’m not sure if pptx to ppt conversion will ever be implemented, becouse most of new effects aren’t representable in old ppt format.

ok, then i guess I’ll have to be patient until pptx to pdf is implemented. Any timetable on that feature?

Any updated on the ability to convert pptx to pdf?

Hello there. We're waiting anxiously as well for support of converting .pptx files to PDF. Any updates on when this may be available?

Hi there,

Any updates on when it will possible to convert pptx into pdf format. We really need it.

PPTX to PDF will not be implemented sooner. However PPTX thumbnails are under-development. Once this feature is implemented, you will have a workaround to create images of PPTX presentations and add them in PDF document using Aspose.PDF etc.

Good to hear at least thumbnails from pptx is being worked. But, what is the outlook for availability?

Please see this post.

Is still unsupported the creation of PDF from PPTX ??

And if yes, does it exist any workaround ?

Thanks,

Ciro Ettorre

Hi,

It has been answered in this thread.