Can't get demo to run

For some reason I can’t even get the demo app to work on my box.

I installed the app using the .msi from the downloads section of your website. the dll version is 1.6.3.0

When I try to run the demo on my system by trying to access http://localhost/Aspose.Word.Demos/ I get the following error:

Active Server Pages error ‘ASP 0221’ 
Invalid @ Command directive 
/Aspose.Word.Demos/Default.aspx, line 1 
The specified 'Page language="c#" Codebehind="Default.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="Aspose.Word.Demos.\_Default" ’ option is unknown or invalid. 

Any Ideas on what could be wrong, or how to get this up and running?

On a possibly related issue, I have an app that makes use of the aspose.word.dll assembly. It does a mailmerge. When I run this app on other sysems it works fine, but when I try to run it on this system it throws an exception “Aspose.Asposeword.reflectedInvokeMethod: null” when calling aspose.word.open.

Could this be related, or is a separate issue in its-self?

Asposeword.mailMerge() BEGIN
Aspose.Asposeword.mailMerge() To replace field IRBNo with Pro00000194
Aspose.Asposeword.mailMerge() To replace field ExpireDate with 7/20/2004
Aspose.Asposeword.mailMerge() To replace field Version with v 1.0
Aspose.Asposeword.mailMerge() To replace field Approved with Approved
Aspose.Asposeword.mailMerge() To replace field ApproveDate with 7/20/2004
Aspose.Asposeword.mailMerge() To replace field ApproveBy with Allen
Aspose.Asposeword.mailMerge() To replace field ApproveAt with \_
Aspose.Asposeword.getDocument() BEGIN filepath = c:\letterWriting\test\before.doc
Aspose.Asposeword.getDocument() calling Aspose Word.Open
EXCEPTION Aspose.Asposeword.reflectedInvokeMethod: null 

Thank you for your help in this matter.
Dybrn.

Hi,

Let’s deal with the issues one by one.

From the error message it seems you don’t have IIS configured to run ASP.NET. The error message comes from ASP, not ASP.NET.

Do you have .NET Framework installed at all? If yes, then maybe you installed IIS after you installed .NET Framework. In this case you need to run some special utility that configures IIS to run ASP.NET. You need to run:

aspnet\_regiis -c

See aspnet\_regiis documentation in MSDN. Maybe reinstalling .NET Framework will help too.

Hi everyone

1 I have the same problem. It is my first web publication and I have received

Active Server Pages error ‘ASP 0221’

Invalid @ Command directive

/invitado/Default.asp, line 1

The specified 'Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="\_Default" ’ option is unknown or invalid.

in my web page:
http://users3.nofeehost.com/invitado/default.asp

1. The asp page is a default.aspx page coded in C# whose code is:
Untitled Page

Font-Bold="True" Font-Overline="True" Font-Size="XX-Large" Height="49px" Text="El Calculador Aritmético"

Width="439px">

Text="A X B" />

Text="A / B" />

This code works OK in my local machine (localhost)

1. Yes I installed IIS after Visual Studio 2005 IN MY MACHINE, but not in the web server! Does it has any meaning to you?

Thankyou very much

ppalotes

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry.

· Make sure that your IIS is configured to run ASP.NET. Try to create simple ASPX page and run it.

· Have you tried to run “aspnet_regiis -c” command in Visual Studio Command Prompt?

Best regards.