Can't get or set values for nameless XFA fields

Hello! I’m trying to get and set the value of a (normal, non-radio) checkbox field in an XFA form, but the value always returns null, and setting a new value has no effect.

This checkbox has no name. The FieldNames property DOES return a field name for it: form1[0].mySection[0].mySubSection[0].#field[0]
… but form.XFA[“form1[0].mySection[0].mySubSection[0].#field[0]”] always returns null, even after trying to set a new value.

I do not yet have a PDF I can attach, but this case is very basic and you should be able to create a similar structure easily (form -> subform -> subform -> checkbox).

Is there anything you can tell me about what’s going wrong here? Thank you!

@DerrickAccountNumberTwo

We are checking the scenario and will get back to you shortly.

@DerrickAccountNumberTwo

Thanks for your patience.

We have tested the scenario in our environment using different PDF documents and noticed different results. For some PDFs, API was unable to determine the Checkbox field in XFA form collection. However, in order to log an issue, we may need a sample PDF document from you side so that your issue can be investigated according to specific type of PDF documents you are dealing with.

It would be really helpful if you can please provide a sample PDF document. We will further proceed to help you accordingly.

I am still trying to get permission to share this document, but since you have found the same issue, it seems that you have enough data to log an issue. Thank you.

@DerrickAccountNumberTwo

Please note that we need your data for QA purposes, to ensuring your requirements are successfully met. However, forum attachments are accessible to thread owner and Aspose staff only so you may please share the data so that we may proceed further.