Can't install Aspose.PDF v22.2 & v22.3 using NuGet for .NET Standard

Hi, I can’t install Aspose.PDF v22.2 & v22.3 using NuGet for .NET Standard. I’m getting the attached error. How do I fix this, as we need to support .NET Standard DLLs? Installing v22.1 works fine, fyi.

P.S., After further investigation, it appears the Aspose.PDF v22.2 & v22.3 nuget packages are missing the .NET Standard v2.0 dependency. See last attached screenshot. Can you please fix this ASAP?

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error NU1701 Package ‘Aspose.PDF 22.2.0’ was restored using ‘.NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1, .NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2, .NETFramework,Version=v4.7, .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.1, .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2, .NETFramework,Version=v4.8’ instead of the project target framework ‘.NETStandard,Version=v2.0’. This package may not be fully compatible with your project. Wsl.ApplicationServer D:\PROJECTS\ncore-applicationserver-net_2021.3\WSL\Wsl.ApplicationServer.csproj 1

2022-03-26 11_50_16-NCore.ApplicationServer_2021.3 - Microsoft Visual Studio.png (16.2 KB)

2022-03-26 12_11_11-NCore.ApplicationServer_2021.3 - Microsoft Visual Studio.png (10.7 KB)

2022-03-26 12_14_30-NCore.ApplicationServer_2021.3 - Microsoft Visual Studio.png (16.9 KB)

@ted-1

We have installed Aspose.PDF for .NET through NuGut and have not found any issue with .NET 4.7, .NET 6.0 and .NET Core. Please clean your application and install it again. You may download the latest version of Aspose.PDF for .NET from here:
Download Aspose.PDF for .NET 22.3

If you still face problem, please ZIP and attach your same Visual Studio application here for testing.

Guys, I detailed exactly what the problem is and included full screenshots of the error! NuGet works with Aspose.PDF v22.1, but not v22.2 & v22.3, since you do not have .NET Standard 2.0 specified for the latter packages. To repo this issue, simply create a .NET Standard 2.0 Assembly project and try to add Aspose.PDF v22.2 to it, and you’ll get the same error! Here are the dependencies for v22.1, note .NET Standard 2.0 is specified:

image.png (34.1 KB)

Here are the dependencies v22.2, note .NET Standard 2.0 is not specified:

image.png (17.0 KB)

Please let me know when we can expect a fix.

@ted-1

The .NET Core 2.0 is no longer supported. Please read more detail from here:

This release has reached end of life, meaning it is no longer supported. We recommend moving to a supported release, such as .NET 7.0.

However, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-51395. You will be notified via this forum thread once there is an update available on it.

I understand that .NET Core 2.0 is no longer supported, but this is not a .NET Core 2.0 issue! It is a .NET Standard 2.0 issue, can you please reread my ticket! Why is this so hard to explain? Also, just FYI, .NET 7.0 is not even released yet!

.NET Standard 2.0 is released as part of the .NET Framework v4.8, which will continue to be supported for years to come, as will .NET Standard 2.0! We compile a .NET Standard 2.0 assembly so that we are compatible with our apps that run the .NET Framework v4.8.

You can read all about this here: .NET Standard - .NET | Microsoft Learn

We recommend you target .NET Standard 2.0, unless you need to support an earlier version.

Sorry, but can you please have someone look at this issue that understands what’s going on?

P.S., We are paying a lot of money to use Aspose, so we expect full support for all versions of .NET that are still active and supported by MS.

@ted-1

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-51559. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@ted-1

Aspose.PDF for .NET is not available for .NET Standard 2.0. You can find the list of supported frameworks from here:
Aspose.PDF for .NET

We have shared screenshot of it for your kind reference.

Frameworks.png (34.8 KB)

What??? .NET Standard 2.0 was supported through Aspose.PDF v22.1 and is still supported in the most recent versions of Aspose.Word and Aspose.Email, which we have paid for and are using too.

Please provide a detailed explanation of why in the world support is being dropped for .NET Standard 2.0, when it is part of .NET Framework v4.8 and will be fully supported by Microsoft for years to come. We need this support in Aspose, as I’m sure many of your other clients do too. This is a completely unacceptable decision if it stands, and will force us to move away from Aspose for our solutions.

Furthermore, as I stated above, Microsoft recommends targeting .NET Standard 2.0 for all implementations: .NET Standard - .NET | Microsoft Learn. Additionally, .NET Standard 2.1 is not released as part of the .NET Framework 4.8, so it is absolutely not an option for most scenarios where .NET Standard is relevant.

@ted-1

You can use .NET Standard 2.1 with Aspose.PDF for .NET. Regarding your concerns, we have updated the issue PDFNET-51559. We will let you know once there is an update available on it. We apologize for your inconvenience.

As I just stated above, we cannot use .NET Standard 2.1, as it is not supported by .NET Framework 4.8. Please fix this issue/oversight ASAP. It is horrible customer support to randomly drop support for a framework that has been supported by Aspose in the current version and is still fully supported by MS, and is also supported by your other products, such as Aspose.Words and Aspose.Email.

@ted-1

We have raised the priority of your issue to high. We will inform you as soon as there is an update available on it.