Can't read 2D barcode from PDF of TIFF

I’ve tried to read a QR Code from both a PDF and a TIF using the BarCodeRecognition assembly and the Pdf component (only for the PDF), with no success. The QR Code is an image on a Faxed document received by our fax server (converted to both TIF and PDF). I’m using the code that’s available on the Aspose Docs website (i.e., to read a barcode from a TFF file, and to extract an image from a PDF and read the barcode). The image is successfully extracted, but the barcode reader doesn't find the barcode at all.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I’ve attached the TIF and PDF that I’m attempting to read via the QR barcode reader. The image on page 1 is extracted, but the barcode reader doesn’t find the QR barcode.

Any help you can
provide would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Steven,

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

I have tested your samples with latest version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET v4.7.0, and unfortunately the latest assemblies can not read the symbols from both samples. To investigate the problem cause, a ticket (BARCODENET-33202) has been logged in our bug tracking system, and the same has been attached your request for tracking purposes.

You will be notified via this thread, as soon as we have made some significant development towards the resolution of this issue.

Once again, please accept our apologies for your trouble.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your patience. From the specifics of ticket id BARCODENET-33202, the problem here is the source generated files. QR image is extremely flattened here as you can see in the attached paint.png file. So if you use standard code to extract images from PDF, or use tif file, you will receive the flattened image. You will only be able to recognize the PDF bar code image if you use unusual code for extraction as described below:

string folder = AztecFolder;<o:p></o:p>

int imageIndex = 0;

// bind the pdf

PdfConverter converter = new PdfConverter();

converter.BindPdf(string.Format("{0}//{1}", folder, "200563.pdf"));

converter.RenderingOptions.BarcodeOptimization = true;

converter.Resolution = new Aspose.Pdf.Devices.Resolution(150);

converter.DoConvert();

while (converter.HasNextImage())

{

converter.GetNextImage(string.Format("{0}//{1}", folder, "IMG" + imageIndex + ".png"), ImageFormat.Png);

imageIndex++;

}

Still you will not be able to recognize the tif file format. We recommend you to check how you are generating PDF file or tiff, maybe replace it or use the above source code to extract bar code from PDF file format. Please let me know in case of further assistance or questions.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-33202) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.