Can't set values on category axis

Hi,
I add 3 series to my designchart at runtime. This works perfectly and the series are displayed correctly. But I can’t set the values on the category axis: the x-axis shall display time-values which I define in the Area “A1:A7”. I try to set the axis values with the following code:
designer.Excel.Worksheets[“Test”].DesignCharts[0].NSeries.CategoryData = “A1:A7”;

But still the values on the X-Axis are 1 to 5.
What am I doing wrong?

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

This feature is not supported yet. We will add it in the future release.

Hi Laurence,
which feature do you mean, time values or values on x-axis generally? I assume there must be a way to set the values on the x-axis or is that always done automatically?
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Now the feature to change design chart settings is limited. You can only change the series values. I will add the feature to change x-axis values for design charts.

By the way, if you have any other feature requests for designer charts, please post them here. I will investigate them and add them to Aspose.Excel if possible.

Hi Laurence!
Do you already know, when the feature for changing the x-axis values will be available?

wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

It will be available before the end of this month.

Hi Laurence,
I have an additional request concerning design-charts and x-axis values:
will it be possible to add individual x-axis and y-axis values for each series?
Example:
Series1:
Y-axis-values: 3,5,3,2
corresponding X-axis-values: 13:00,14:15,17:00,20:00

Series2:
Y-axis-values: 2,1,2,1
corresponding X-axis-values: 12:30,15:00,16:30,19:30

Sp basically, each series data would consist of 2 columns, where x-axis values and y-axis values would each be in one column.

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Changing the designer chart is a complex task. I will check this issue and will add this feature if possible.