Can't upgrade Aspose.Cells

Hi,

Our development is using Aspose.Cells version 5.2.1 and it's been running ok.

Lately we downloaded the latest version 5.3.2 but we receive the following error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Aspose.Cells, Version=5.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'Aspose.Cells, Version=5.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56' at ScriptTask_f4a719e1ca9c4f419a38bda840bb62cb.vbproj.ScriptMain.Main()

So I tried different version from 5.2.2 to 5.3.2 and find that whatever new version I put, I receive the above error except go back to 5.2.1. I tried both .msi and dll only installation. I have also remove and then add back the dll in the reference of the program each time I install the new version.

Could you please advise if I need to do some extra steps after install to make it work?

Thanks.

Felix

Hi,

Please use the DLL under the directory “net2.0” and not “net3.5_ClientProfile”.

And please check the readme.txt under the directory
“Bin”.

Please see this image for more help.

Hi,

We are using the one inside the NET2.0 folder.

Regards,

Felix

Hi,

What is your project’s target framework set where you are using Aspose.Cells component (right click project and check the properties in VS.NET solution explorer). For your information, we provide two types of versions.

1) For Windows and Web applications, we provide:
i) .NET1.1 compiled version that works fine on .NET1.x frameworks e.g VS.NET 2005/2003 etc.
ii) .NET 2.0 compiled version that works fine on any .NET framework version greater than or equal to 2.0.
e.g VS.NET 2008, 2010 etc. – target framework can be set as “.NET Framework 2.0” etc.

2) For Client Profile Framework as target framework, we provide:
net3.5_ClientProfile compiled version to Aspose.Cells product on .NET Framework 3.5 or 4.0 Client Profile in VS.NET 2008 and 2010.
(This type of version may work fine on console applications.)

For complete reference check the readme.txt file in the “…/Bin” folder (at the installation directory) using MSI installer of the product.

Also, check the document:
https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/System+Requirements

Please use appropriate version or set your project’s target framework appropriately as I explained above, it will work fine.
If you still have any issue or confusion, let us know.

Thank you.

I checked it is .NET Framework 2.0.

Both 5.2.1 dll and 5.3.2 dll are copied from the net2.0 folder

Since it was working fine when we use the 5.2.1 dll, I think the project is pointing to the right version of .NET Framework.

Regards,

Felix

Hi,

That looks very strange to us.

Please create a separate and simple/small “hello world” project, zip it and attach it here to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Please find the attached package. Please note it is a Integration Service Package (SSIS) developed in VS2008.

1. The Aspose.Cell.dll sitting in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 is version 5.2.1

2. I created the HelloWorld package and run it successfully.

3. I replace the dll in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 to version 5.3.2

4. Go to the package and make sure the reference is updated

5. Run the program and it failed

Hi,

Thanks for the project.

We will analyze and investigate your issue soon. I have logged your issue with an id: CELLSNET-26145.

Thank you.

Hi,

There are three conditions to make SSIS to refer to an external dll:

1 - Strong name
2 - Add it to GAC
3 - Add it to .Net framework refer(E.G. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727).

Please add it to GAC and check whether it can work.

And we will check it too.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-26145) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.