Carriage return issues while converting doc to PDF

Hi,

We are using apsose PDF dll version 4.0.0.0 and Aspose words dll version 5.1.0.0. We are facing a problem while converting word to PDF. There are unnecessary carriage returns (a word in the generated PDF moves to the next line even if there is enough space in the previous line to occupy the word) in the generated PDF whereas it is not there in the word file from which PDF is generated.

We are generating PDF for different OS like Japanese, Chinese, Italian and so on. The dll is working fine for all the other OS except Japanese OS. We are facing the above problem in Japanese PDF

Please find the attached "temp.doc" and "PDF.pdf" files.

The problem is occuring on our production so please provide us the solution as soon as poosible and also let us know the ETA.

Thanks,

Samanvay

Hello Samanvay,

Sorry for replying you late.

I’ve tested the issue and I am able to notice the same problem. The issue has been communicated to the development team and they are looking into the details of this problem. Soon you will be updated with the status of correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Samanvay,

It is a known issue which had been logged as PDFNET-6961. We need to change our current rendering rule for Asian characters. It is a time expensive task. I am afraid we need about 1-2 months to offer you a complete solution. Sorry for inconvenience.

Best regards.

Thanks for the update. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I also wanted to check if this fix will take care of grammatical error while rendering Japanese characters. We have seen issue like period (“”), Comma (“”), and other such characters are coming a start of new line in Japanese language. We have also notice that some time it breaks 1 character in 2 parts and show in different lines e.g. "ティ" is actually one character, but divided in 2 lines.

Thanks again for all the help. Do let us know ETA for this fix.

Best Regards,

Samanvay

Hi,

I also noticed some more issues in Japanese OS. There are some english words like "Autosupport" and "LUN" in the attached PDF which are breaking thus breaking the english rule.

Also "」" is a closed bracket which has similar function of the latter part of double quotes, it should not be the starting character of a new line.

Please provide us solution asap and do let us know the ETA.

Thanks

Hello Samanvay,

Thanks for the additional information as it would really help us while rectifying the issue. Beside this, I’ve been able to notice the “Autosupport” issue but I am afraid I am unable to observe the “LUN” & "" issues. Can you please direct to the exact location where the issue can be found, I would really appreciate it.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvinience caused to you for i have not pointed out the exact location of the issues.

Please find the attached temp.doc file with "LUN" and "」" marked as yellow. Also find the attached jpg file pointing to the issues locations in PDF. You can find the issues on the first page of the attached PDF.pdf

Thanks,

Samanvay

Hello Samanvay,

Thanks for sharing the resource files and we would definitly take these issues into consideration, along with other issues. As soon as we have made some progress regarding the resolution of these problems, we would be pleased to update you with the status of correciton.

Hi Samanvay,

I think there are three different issues in your cases:

1. Period (“”), Comma (“”), and other such characters are coming a start of new line in Japanese language.

2. There are some English words like "Autosupport" and "LUN" in the attached PDF which are breaking thus breaking the English rule.

3. Some time it breaks 1 character in 2 parts and show in different lines e.g. "ティ" is actually one character, but divided in 2 lines.

In my investigation, issue #1 and #2 can be fixed in our coming release. I have created a new issue for it(field as PDFNET-8821). For issue #3, I don't think we can fix it in short time. We will investigate more on it and let you know our plan.

Thanks.

Best regards.

Hi,

Please let us know the status of the above issues. You have asked for 2 months time to resolve the issues and 2 months are over. We have to release the fixes on the production asap.

Thanks,

Samanvay

Hi Samanvay,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am the developer of Aspose.Pdf responsible for above issues. As Hans said, we now can resolve the issue 1 and 2, however, it is very hard for us to resolve the 3rd in short time.

We can use some logic to judge the English word and some characters like Period (“。”), Comma (“、”) in a sentence. While it seems difficult to judge if the Japanese or other Asian words have been inserted into a text with other English words, and what reading rule this language uses. In Ms Word, the word like "ティ" cannot be exactly recognized and will be divided into 2 lines also.

If it is urgent for you, we will provide the fixed version to you soon. Thanks for your patience.

BRs

Hi Samanvay,

We have fixed the issue 1 and 2, please check the fixed version in attachment. The temp2.doc you provided for testing can be converted to .pdf better than before. Thanks for your patience.

BRs

Hi,

Thanks for the dll, but still the English word break rule is not resolved. Please find the attached PDF in which some Enlish words are still breaking.

Thanks,

Samanvay

Dear Samanvay,

We are able to recognize the English word, however, when the words concating with other Asian words, it does not works well. For example, "Oracleの" is unrecognizable, while "Oracle の" is easy to recognize. So please insert some interpunctions like Blank " " or Comma"、" between the consecutive English word and Asian word.

BRs

Hi,

Thanks for the solution but we cannot apply this solution as we are printing the documents for some brand names (in Japanese and English OS) and inserting space or any other character between two words will not be acceptable. So please let us know if there is any other way to achieve this or let us know the ETA if you are going to make any changes in dll.

Thanks,

Samanvay

Hi,

Please let us know your response.

Thanks,

Samanvay

Hi,

Please let us know your response on this.

Thanks,

Samanvay

Hi,

We have found a solution and working on it now. I am afraid we need about 2-3 weeks to finish it. Thanks for your patience.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 6961) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)