Categories not plotted

Howdy

We have been experiencing a problem where if the last category in a chart has no value for the series then the category is not plotted.

I have attached a simple webpage default.aspx and it's code behind.

There is also a AsposeFunctions.vb that has a couple of functions for populating a chart.

I have attached a sample template, a sample output (MissingTest.pptx)

After running the code

You will notice there is no category for Year 2012

If you then right click and select "Edt Data" and then close the excel without making a change the chart is now correct.

Kind regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

I have observed the sample code shared by you and have generated a sample application on my end to verify the issue. I have used Aspose.Slides for .NET 8.4.0 on my end and have generated the chart which has not missing category (Year 2012) in it. For your kind reference, the sample application and generated presentation are also attached.

Many Thanks,

Howdy,

I have updated my application to use version 8.4.0 and I can confirm it all works perfectly now thanks!

Question I see there is also a version 14.0.0 I had a look at this and the object model seems totally different from previous versions and it would look like I need to rewrite my application. What's the story with that,

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the feedback.

We are glad to know that your issue has been resolved. Regarding Aspose.Slides for .NET v14.x.x, it is our new unified API which give the users single namespace i.e. Presentation to work with both PPT and PPTX files and inter conversion issues have been resolved in this new API. Also, Aspose.Slides for .NET v8.4.0 is our last release of legacy API. All new updates, bug fixes and features will be part of new API from now on.

In case you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact support.

Thanks & Regards,