Category axis labels overlap issue

Hi,

I am using aspose cells for java 7.0.3. I have a chart which is having some category labels and there is no custom angle in that. So when there are more data it rotates itself as required. But when I read the chart and change any of the font properties like font size, bold etc., it is putting the custom angle to 0 so that the data does not rotate itself and some data becomes invisible. Attached the before and after excel sheets and the explanation. Below is the code base that I am using.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“D:/Test/ChartIssue.xlsx”);
Worksheet worksheet = workbook.getWorksheets().get(0);
ChartCollection charts = worksheet.getCharts();
Chart chart = charts.get(0);
Axis categoryAxis = chart.getCategoryAxis();
Font font = categoryAxis.getTickLabels().getFont();
font.setBold(true);
workbook.save(“D:/Test/ChartIssue-out.xlsx”);

Hi,

I have tested your issue with latest version of Aspose.Cells i.e. Aspose.Cells for Java v7.2.2.1 and was unable to reproduce the issue at my end. Please download this version and let us know your feedback.

I have attached the screenshot of both your original and the modified file at my end here for your reference.

That resolved. Thanks!!

Hi,

Its good to know that your issue is resolved now. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional query or face some problem.

Thanks!!

I upgraded my library. But there are some deprecated methods. I don’t know what to use as their replacement. I checked your api documentation but they are outdated. Unless you update them how someone will know what to use and their functionality?

Anyways, here are the deprecated methods I am talking about. Please let me know their replacement.

com.aspose.cells.Title.getTextFont()
com.aspose.cells.TickLabels.setBackground(int)
com.aspose.cells.TickLabels.getBackground()
com.aspose.cells.FillFormat.setSetType(int)
com.aspose.cells.FillFormat.getSetType()

Thanks!!

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

I think, following are the new methods required by you.

Title.getFont().getName();
TickLabels.getBackgroundMode();
TickLabels.setBackgroundMode();
FillFormat.setType(arg0)
FillFormat.getType();

Thanks!! Hope you are working on maintaining api documentation version wise. (As Oracle-Java does :))

Hi,

You are welcome.

I am afraid, we are not maintaining the API(s) version wise on Live site. We just maintain the latest version.

However, you can download old archives and find old documentation API(s) from there.