CDR (Coral draw) to PDF conversion (Java)

Any update on this issue. I raised the issue in September you said will be resolved with release in December end. It’s still not resolved. Quite frustrating to wait.

@vvorld,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that issue has been marked as resolved in upcoming version. We will share the notification with you as soon as the issue will be fixed. I also suggest you to please try using latest Aspose.Imaging 19.12 on your end as well.

I have already tried the Imaging 19.12 for Java & got the following error:

class com.aspose.imaging.coreexceptions.ImageLoadException: Image saving failed. —> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Ljava/awt/geom/Dimension2D

@vvorld,

We will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be fixed in upcoming version. I request for your patience in this regard.

This issue is going to be resolved or not waiting since September 2019?

@vvorld.

We have tested using Aspose.Imaging for .NET 19.12. Following code works fine without any errors. In our view the error you got could be appeared only in Android but currently Aspose.Imaging for Java can not work in Android.

Image image = Image.load("tiger1.cdr");
try
{
    PdfOptions pdfOptions = new PdfOptions();
    CdrRasterizationOptions rasterizationOptions = new CdrRasterizationOptions();
    rasterizationOptions.setTextRenderingHint(TextRenderingHint.SingleBitPerPixel);
    rasterizationOptions.setSmoothingMode(SmoothingMode.None);
    rasterizationOptions.setPositioning(PositioningTypes.DefinedByDocument);
    pdfOptions.setVectorRasterizationOptions(rasterizationOptions);
    image.save("tiger1.cdr.pdf", pdfOptions);
}
finally
{
    image.close();
}

tiger1.cdr.pdf (902.5 KB)

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Aspose imaging cloud solution for android

I am using Imaging 21.2 and tried to convert a cdr to pdf with following code:
com.aspose.imaging.Image doc = com.aspose.imaging.Image.load(cdrname);
com.aspose.imaging.imageoptions.PdfOptions pdfOptions = new com.aspose.imaging.imageoptions.PdfOptions();
CdrRasterizationOptions rasterizationOptions = new CdrRasterizationOptions();
rasterizationOptions.setTextRenderingHint(TextRenderingHint.SingleBitPerPixel);
rasterizationOptions.setSmoothingMode(SmoothingMode.None);
rasterizationOptions.setPositioning(PositioningTypes.DefinedByDocument);
pdfOptions.setVectorRasterizationOptions(rasterizationOptions);
doc.save(pdfName, pdfOptions);

What happens? I get a pdf-File consisting of 4 nice looking pages but I also get an exception:
Exception in thread “main” class com.aspose.imaging.coreexceptions.ImageSaveException: Image export failed. —> class com.aspose.imaging.internal.Exceptions.IO.IOException: Attempted to seek before start of MemoryStream.
com.aspose.imaging.system.io.MemoryStream.seek(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.internal.bg.y.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.internal.bg.y.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.internal.be.a.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.internal.be.a.c(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.fileformats.cdr.CdrImagePage.cacheData(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.fileformats.cdr.CdrImagePage.getWidth(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.Image.getSize(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.internal.aG.g.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.fileformats.cdr.CdrImagePage.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.internal.aG.N.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.internal.aG.y.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.internal.aG.t.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.internal.aG.t.b(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.internal.aG.t.export(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.Image.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.Image.save(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.imaging.Image.save(Unknown Source)

What can I do now?

@GerdRein

Can you please share the source file reproducing the issue on your end that we can use to vaeify.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NqZuQxRm-hNVMtUTX9Q1tj-t3OFkqf_P?usp=sharing

@vvorld

Thank you for sharing the information. I have added a ticket with ID IMAGINGJAVA-2061 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Sorry for the delay. I waited for an answer of my customer. See the attached file please.Trakt_7_-Umbau_Drehtrommelt__r-03-_Konzept.cdr.pdf (487.3 KB)

@GerdRein

Can you please clarify the issue as last time the ticket that has been added was related to resolve the issue related to exception on creating PDF from CDR. Can you please share the details.

The issue is still the same. Exception when creating the pdf. And even more: German Umlauts are ignored.

@GerdRein

If you are referring to tiger1.cdr, the issue is already added in our issue tracking system for investigation and resolution. If it is an issue with new file, then please share the source file that I can investigate on my end.

I am not referring to tiger1. I am referring to MY posts! I posted the error and I posted the source file.

@GerdRein

I am sorry for the inconvenience. However, I can only see one PDF from you in following link and there is no source CDR file. Can you please verify on your end.

Oh, sorry, that was the converted file. Here is the original…Trakt_7_-Umbau_Drehtrommelt__r-03-_Konzept.zip (5.0 MB)

@GerdRein

I have reproduced the error on saving CDR to PDF and a ticket with ID IMAGINGJAVA-7761 has been created to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has bene linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

1 Like