Cell background color is always white

Hello,

I noticed that I don’t get back the correct background color of cells and the font color also doesn’t seem to change!?

Sample
Colors.zip (5.9 KB)

Code

var workbook = new Workbook("Colors.xlsx");
var sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

Cell cell = sheet.Cells.GetCell(0, 1); // Just for the sake of simplicity, I explicitly declare a cell
Style style = cell.GetStyle(); // Background color is "{Name=White, ARGB=(255, 255, 255, 255)}" instead red

@mservdev

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please use the Style.ForegroundColor property. It will return the following color which is correct. Please remember, the background color is actually a fill color of the cell. When fill color type is solid, the foreground color property returns the fill color of the cell.

Console Output

Color [A=255, R=255, G=0, B=0]

@shakeel.faiz
But I want to know the color from the background like in my sample image (2.0 KB). My expectation was that I would get the color the user used to fill.

Edit
Oh, I think I misunderstood you. By this property I get the value back, thank you! But what happens if I change the color of the text? How do I get the color between cell and font?

@mservdev,

Good to know that you are able to get the cell’s shading color via Style.ForegroundColor property.

Please try to use style.Font.Color attribute to get the font/text color.