Cell Comment maximum length reached?

Hello,

I need to put more than 10000 characters into the cell commemt. Opening this document afterwards with excel returns the following exception:

"Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted."

Opening the document with OpenOffice works fine and creating excel documents by hand with such a long comment is working, too. Then where is my problem - I can't figure it out.

I'm using assembly version 4.0.1.0 of the "Aspose.Cells" assembly.

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Could you post us your sample source code with template file here to show your problem, so that may sort out the issue. Thank you!

Regards

Amjad Sahi

Aspose Nanjing Team

Please try this attached version. I fixed this problem. For comment text length, previous version has a 8k limitation for ASCII text and 4k limitation for unicode text.

Thank you for the quick response. I have tested this file and it works fine now. Is it possible to get a patched version of the 4.0.1.0 component or is the upgrade to 4.1.0.4 a valid upgrade. We bought the Aspose.Cells in this version in the Aspose.Total bundle?

You can upgrade to v4.1.0.4.

When you purchase our license, you will get free updates and fixes in a year. Please check Subscription Definitions.