Cell displays data correctly but cell value contains wrong value

I’m experiencing an unexpected behavior. From my sample application, the CurrentCulture and CurrentUICulture are set to nl-NL, and my browser is set to Dutch.

The pre-populated sample data will show correct, eg A1 displays as “10,10”.

When I enter data in a new row, eg A5 as “50,30”, it will display correctly, but the cell value will contain the wrong value, ufv=“50.3”. This is causing inconsistencies upon saving the data, please advise.

acw_ajax_call request: ""

acw_ajax_call response: “<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>”

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

I have looked into this issue but could not replicate it. I followed the following steps.

1 - Set the FireFox to Dutch as shown in the screenshot.
2 - Ran the project and in the WebConsole typed the following after adding the value 50,30 in the cell 4,0

document.getElementById(“GridWeb1”).getCell(4,0)

Could you please provide us the step by step screenshots replicating this issue. It will help us investigate and fix this issue more quickly.

acw_ajax_call request: ""

acw_ajax_call response: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>"

This morning I'm no longer seeing the "V" attribute being set at all in the response in my sample project. However I am seeing it in my production use case. Can you explain in what circumstances this value is being set, and what it is being used for?

In the acwmain.js file, if I comment out the reference where node.getAttribute("V") is not null in function ajaxcallback(), my production code is working as expected.

if (f != null) {
cell.setAttribute("formula", f);
if (cell.getAttribute("resultValue") != null) cell.setAttribute("resultValue", node.getAttribute("S"))
} //else if (node.getAttribute("V") != null) cell.setAttribute("ufv", node.getAttribute("V"));

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue if possible. In case, we need your further help or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-43798 - Cell displays data correctly but cell value contains wrong value

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

The v value is internally used. We need to set the v value for internal logic. You do not need to care about it and ignore it. The final storing cell value is not based on culture info. However we will display value based on culture info.