Cell Format not being picked up in Excel Output

Hello,

I am very interested in purchasing this product but I am having trouble with a test Excel report I am using to evaluate it. The report is attached and I am simply trying to open the report and export it to PDF. The result report is missing numerous formatting settings such as cell background color.

Here are some of the features in the Excel (.xlsx) report (items in red indicate issues in PDF output):
  • Freeze Panes
  • Borders
  • Background Color
  • Hyperlink Cell Color
  • Sparklines
  • Alignment
  • Icons
  • Pie Chart

Here is the code snippet I am using for this report conversion from *.xlsx to *.pdf:

//Create a Workbook object and opening the file from its path

Workbook wbSpreadSheetML = new Workbook(“Source Sheets\Test File to Save.xlsx”);

wbSpreadSheetML.Save(“Aspose\A_Test File to Save.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

The associated test files are included below. Am I using an unsupported feature or is there a current bug associated with Background Color or Hyperlink Color? Understanding this is contingent on my purchase.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have tested this issue with the following sample code using the latest version:

Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.3
and found the issue exists in the cells D10, C18, E8 and G12:H17. Background colors and hyperlink are lost when save to Pdf.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-44158 - Background colors and hyperlink are lost when save to Pdf

I have also attached the output pdf generated with the following code for a reference.

C#
string filePath = @“D:\Downloads\Test+File+to+Save.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.CalculateFormula();

PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();
opts.OnePagePerSheet = true;

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.pdf”, opts);

Hi,

We have evaluated your issue further. We found it is not an issue with the product. The “Black and white” option is checked in Page Setup (see the attached screen shot highlighted in the attachment), uncheck it manually or by code, it will be OK.

Thank you.

Amjad,

Thank you, this is very helpful!

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved after dealing with “Black and white” option. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further. Have a good day.