Cell.getFormula() is not returning the value that has been set using cell.setFormula(String formula)

Hi,
I have created an xl sheet. Value of few cells are being calculated as per a formula. I am not getting the value of formula (cell.getFormula()) that I have set using cell.setFormula() method.
e.g.
Formula being set '=IW39’
formula of cell I am getting is '=A39’

Please let me know if I am making some mistake while setting the formula or there is smoe other problem?

Thanks,
Vimlesh

Hi,

Thanks for providing us details.

Actually by default the formulas are set in Excel (97-2003) formats where we cannot provide reference to the columns (in the formula) greater than 256th (i.e. greater than IV column) column.

We have logged your issue into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSJAVA-14256. We will let you know when it figured out.

Thank you.

Thanks for quick reply.
As per reply the formulas are set in Excel(97-2003) formats where we cannot provide reference to the columns (in the formula) greater than 256th (i.e. greater than IV column) column. But what about the reference ‘ABQ11’ and others? This column is also greater than 256. But it is being set properly.

Thanks,
Vimlesh

Hi,
Is there any workaround for this problem ? Can we have source code so that we can do something as this is creating a serious problem at our end for generating excel in 2007 format.
Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, we found the issue and already logged into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSJAVA-14256. We will try to provide the fix asap.

"Is there any workaround for this problem ? Can we have source code so
that we can do something as this is creating a serious problem at our
end for generating excel in 2007 format."

Well, I am afraid we cannot provide the source code as it is against our internal policies. Anyways, we appreciate your understanding, we will figure out your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,
Can we have information by when would you be able to update us on the same?
Thanks,
Vimlesh

Hi,

We will check if we can provide you an eta for your issue.

Thank you.

Hi,

After analyzing the feature we conclude it will take at least 2 months time to incorporate the feature in the product. There are two possible reasons for it:
1) It is a complex feature which would take some time to be implemented.
2) There are already some other important tasks (on hand) to be supported.

Thanks for your understanding!

Provide us some patch stuffs for this, we are losing lot of business for this feature. Its really urgent for me.

Hi,

OK, we have put your feature in our top priority list.

We will try to provide the supported version in the start of next month now.

Thank you.

Hi,
Can we have your contact number and reference number for this conversation?

Thanks,
Vimlesh

Hi Vimlesh,

I have afraid, you need to use forums or live chat only to contact us, we don’t provide telephonic technical support at the moment. Our forum support is fast enough that you can reply on it. If you have any problem/issue or need some help for anything, you can post us a query or live chat with us, we will help you instantaneously.

For your case, as we have already told you we will try to provide the supported version (for your requirement) in the first half of next month.

Thanks for your understanding!

Hi Aspose support team, It’s mid-March and we are waiting for a fix.

Our project plan will get affected if we dont get the patch by tomorrow.
Please assist.

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We are working on your issue but I am afraid it is a complex issue and we cannot provide a fix in 1 ~ 2 day’s time. We will hopefully provide a fix for it in the next week.

Thank you for understanding,

Hi,
As per your commitment to provide the fix for the same, we had planned our release date on Wednesday 24th March. For that we need the fix today or by tomorrow. Please provide the fix asap.

Thanks,

Hi,
We have been waiting for the fix from your side as one more week is gone now. Our product release is getting impacted a lot due to delay in patch from your side. Please do provide a fix asap and do respond on it.

Thanks,

Hi,

Hopefully, we will provide a fix tomorrow for your requirement.

Thanks for being patient!

Hi,

Please try the attached version.

<!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<![endif]–>

we have supported setting formulas that refer to row/column/parameters count that exceeds Excel2003's limit.

Note: To remove the limit of Excel2003 for row, column and parameters count, please set the file format of Workbook other than EXCEL97TO2003.

Sample Code Segments:

1)

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
Worksheets worksheets = workbook.getWorksheets();

Worksheet worksheet = worksheets.getSheet(0);
worksheet.getCells().getCell("B10").setFormula("=IW39");

System.out.println(worksheet.getCells().getCell("B10").getFormula());

2)

Workbook wb = new Workbook();
wb.setFileFormatType(FileFormatType.EXCEL2007);
Cells cells = wb.getWorksheets().getSheet(0).getCells();
Cell cell = cells.getCell(0, 0);
cell.setFormula("=IW39");
cell = cells.getCell(0, 1);
cell.setFormula("=SUM(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,34,45,67,76,87,98,77,8,9,100)");

//... your code goes here.
wb.save("d:\\files\\res.xlsx"); //or wb.save("res.xlsx", FileFormatType.EXCEL2007);

The Workbook.save(String) and Workbook.save(InputStream) methods are different from now on. If the workbook's file format has been set (If the workbook is loaded from a template file, its file format would be the same as the template file's format. Or it can be set by Workbook.setFileFormatType(int) method), saving the workbook without specifying file format type will generate the resultant file with the Workbook's original file format.

Thanks for your understanding and hopefully this fix would fulfill your requirement.

<span style=“font-size: 9pt; font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”;”><o:p></o:p>

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 14256) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.