Cell navigation

With Aspose.Grid.Web, when we hit enter, the next cell becomes active just as in excel. For some reason, is there any ways we can stop this? I mean when the user hits enter, I would like the unselected event to be raised, but with no active cell. So with that unselected event I can make the focus move to the cell I need. I’ll really appreciate your quick response. Thanks.

Hi,

Well, Aspose.Grid.Web works in the same way as MS Excel does. When you hit enter, the next cell would automatically become activated and focus is also shifted to that cell, this is same with MS Excel too. Could you elaborate your scenario and is there any special reason you want to stop the hit enter functionality? We have embedded this functionality for the users and actually this functionality is liked by most of our users.

Thanks for your time and understanding.

We have a form that the users need to fill in. The cells where they have to enter data are kinda dispersed. For example after entering data in J11, they may have to enter data in K4. Right now, the focus goes from J11 to J12. With my scenario, I need to find out where the user hits Enter and then find the next cell. If I can add it as a property to each cell on the server side, my client side script will be a lot more precise.