Cell Protection / Locking using GridDesktop

I am opening an Excel spreadsheet where worksheet 1 is protected and has some fields locked and others not. When opened using GridDesktop.ImportExcelFile(“FileName”) the control does not set the locked attribute on any cells. I need to have this protection created from the spreadsheet file and not programatically. Is this possible and if so why is it not working?

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridDesktop.

Please download and use the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for GridDesktop v2.7.11.2000

and let us know your feedback.

If your issue still occurs with the latest version, then please provide us your source xls/xlsx file and the sample runnable project replicating this issue. We will look into it and help you asap.

I can recreate with this simple WinForm project. Column A fields are locked and inaccesable in Excel but not protected in any way when I run the project.

Hi,

Thanks for your sample project and using Aspose.Cells for GridDesktop.

We have looked into your issue and found that it is actually a New Feature.

We have logged a new feature request for your issue in our database against the issue id: CELLSNET-41098

However, this feature is not easy to be implemented, it could take several weeks or probably months. If this issue is fixed earlier or if there is some update for you in the meanwhile we will let you know asap.

Hi,

I agree with the OP that this is an important feature – having to programmatically reset all the locked cells/ranges is a PITA. It would be really nice to have GridDesktop read and enforce cell protection from the original Excel file.

Thanks for taking into consideration this new feature. Cheers,

Henri

Hi Henri,

I will discuss the feature with the relevant developer if we could provide you an eta for it. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for GridDesktop v2.7.12.2001 and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for fixing this! It allows me to remove a very slow and painful workaround.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

It’s good to know that your issue is resolved with this fix. We have closed this thread now.

If you face any other issue, please feel free to contact us, we will be glad to help you asap.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41098) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.