Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Cellcontent-Bugs in converting file from xls to xlsx

There are some critical bugs in converting date-fields and also in some number-fields.
As you can see in the pictures, I used your latest Aspose.Cells.net Version (18.8) in Visual Studio 2015 Professional (Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3).
The affected area is highlighted.
123.jpg (382.2 KB)
124.png (74.1 KB)

I could send you the origin file as well as the converted file for further analyses. …just send me a short message and I will do that.

This is the code I´m using for the conversion:
Private Sub xlsconvertaspose(filewithsource As String)
Dim workbook As Workbook = New Workbook(filewithsource)
Dim sheet As Worksheet = workbook.Worksheets.Item(0)
sheet.AutoFitColumns()
workbook.Save(“C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\xlsalt\converted.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx)
End Sub

@kochchr,

Thanks for the sample code and screenshots.

Please provide your template Excel file and output Excel file (you may zip the files prior attaching), we will check it soon.

aspose.zip (281 KB)

@kochchr,

We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.
This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46322 - Issues in number and date values while calling the AutoFitColumns()

Could you please give me further information at what time the bug (Release version… 18.9?) will be fixed? I need this information to order a licence. https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Release+Notes+-+2018
Thank you and BR.

@kochchr,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

As we logged the ticket some hours ago, so could you spare us a little time (3-5 days or so) for complete evaluation and investigation for your issue. If it is not much complex, you should be receiving the hot fix before the end of next week or even before it. If the issue is complex, it might take a couple of weeks. We do provide hotfixes in the forums for the users, so they don’t have to wait too long for the official releases (on Nuget and Downloads sections). The hot fixes are fully tested (having complete functionality (full fledged)) and are ready for production.

Moreover, we do publish official releases once in a month. The next official release (Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.9) is due in the third or fourth week of September 2018.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@kochchr,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue “CELLSNET-46322” now. We will shortly provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

@kochchr,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.8.5:

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

DropBox-Link doesn´t work / Can´t download zip-file.

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajek8ny1u66mvph/Aspose.Cells%20For%20.NET%2018.8.5.zip?dl=0 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

8.png (23.7 KB)

@kochchr,

I have just tried and it is working fine. However I have attached it here for your reference:

Aspose.Cells18.8.5 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.6 MB)
Aspose.Cells18.8.5 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.6 MB)

Hi. It works fine :smiley: Thank you for your fast Bugfix and support. We will order your dll. BR

@kochchr,

Thanks for considering Aspose

Good to know that the new fix figures out your issue now. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Hi,
unfortunately there is another bug in converting number fields.
Could you please have a look at the files which I have attached below?
Thank you and BR
Christian
Capture.png (165.4 KB)
excel-files.zip (11.6 KB)

@kochchr,

Thanks for the template file and screenshot.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as the user has mentioned by saving your so called XLS file (which is actually an HTML file) to XLSX file format (I used your original code). I found an issue in number field while calling the Worksheet.AutoFitColumns(). I have logged a separate ticket with an id “CELLSNET-46330” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46322) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.9. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi

@kochchr,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.9.1 (attached)

Your issue “CELLSNET-46330” should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells18.9.1 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.6 MB)
Aspose.Cells18.9.1 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.7 MB)

Hi,
thanks for your bugfix (18.9.1), but i can´t download the file.

Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

Maybe the link is broken.?
BR Christian

@kochchr,

Please try to download the file from the following link and provide your feedback.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqzs10j5m1itub3/Aspose.Cells18.9.1.zip?dl=0

Hi, we are not allowed to use dropbox in our company… :-/

@kochchr,

Please find attached the latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.9.2

Let us know if you can download it and it works fine now.
Aspose.Cells18.9.2 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.7 MB)