Cells 7.0.2 - warning when opening file in Excel 2003

Hello,

We are experiencing an issue with Aspose Cells 7.0.2.3 (Set value to merged cells), JDK 5.

We fill a template with some values.

If we open the file with Excel 2007, we have no issues.

If we open the file with Excel 2003, we get the warning “Excel encountered an error and had to remove some formatting to avoid corrupting the workbook; please recheck your formatting carefully” a number of times. After dismissing all of them, the file looks ok and after it is saved in Excel, subsequent openings no longer cause the issue.

The number of times we get that warning seems to coincide with the number of cells which have “The number in this cell is formatted as text […]” warning.

I’ve attached our template and the output file of this code:
Workbook wb = new Workbook(“template.xls”);
wb.getWorksheets().get(“Reports”).getCells().get(“K6”).setValue(“Aspose”);
wb.save(“output.xls”);

Regards,
Sorin.

Hi,

Thanks for the template files.

I am able to reproduce the issue as you have mentioned. It works fine into MS Excel 2007 but not in 2003. I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSJAVA-40021. We will look into the issue soon.

Thank you.
Hi,

Please try the new fixed version: v7.0.2.4

The issue is fixed.

Thank you.

Hello,

We’ve tried the new version, the issue is fixed.

Are all these fixes published in the 7.0.2 version available in the Downloads section?
Or will they be included in the next release?

Thanks,
Sorin.

Hi,

You may use this fixed version as long as you wish, it has all the functionality and will behave an official release. However, our next official release will include the functionality of all the previous fixes (including this one too). Generally our official release of the product is published in the mid of every month.

Thank you.

Hi,

The fix works for the sample, but in our full code it is not completely fixed.

The data validation issue no longer occurs, but some formatting is still lost. It happens in less places than before. I uploaded a screen-shot of the issue (it’s on row 50 and nowhere else in the file) and as soon as I can reproduce it in a sample, I will upload it too.

[EDIT]
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread. It is a reply for Cells lose format after row deletion, I will repost it there.

Regards,
Sorin.

Hi,

"[EDIT]
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread. It is a reply for <a href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/121561, I will repost it there."

No problem, I have replied in your other thread and will be waiting for your sample code and template file to reproduce the issue on our end.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40021) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.