We are evaluating the .Cells and .Grid component and I have a few technical questions. We have a very complex model developed in Excel/VBA. We are writing a wrapper application in .Net Winforms to provide some control/flow for inputing data and displaying the results. Here are my questions:
- When using this component to read from and write to spreadsheets, does it require Excel being installed on the machine. In other words is this component just wrapping Microsofts Interop Services for Office automation?
- Does this compoenent work with the new .xlsm workbook formats in Excel 2007?
- Can I reference specific sheets within the workbook?
- Can I reaad and write to specific cells?
- Can I reference named ranges from the Name Manager through the component?
- Can I retrieve an array of values using a named range or R1C1:R1C1 notation?
- Can I call a function or subroutine written in a VBA module or sheet module?
- Is a call to VBA synchronous or asynchronous?
- Can a .xlsm file be renamed with a custom extension and still work with this component?