Cells Combine Failing Depending On Order Sheets Are Added

I’m running into an error when I try to combine multiple worksheets into the same workbook. Attached is the failing code. Essentially if you run this test it should fail but if you change the order of the combine to add the tabular-test first and chart-test sheets last it works fine.

Has anyone seen issues with this?

Thanks for the help!

Hi Sean,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

We have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.6.1, and we are able to observe the java.lang.NullPointerException. However, if we change the sequence of the combine statements then the process completes successfully. This scenario need thorough investigation therefore a ticket with Id CELLSJAVA-41550 has been logged in our bug tracking system. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your patience.

This is to update you that we have fixed the problem logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-41550. We will provide the fix here after ensuring the quality & incorporating other enhancements. As soon as the next build of the API is ready for your testing, we will notify you here in reference to aforementioned ticket.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the fix: Aspose.Cells
for Java v8.6.1.4
and let us know your feedback.

How can I access this from the maven repository? It doesn’t appear that you have sub releases below 8.6.1 up there.

I was able to shim it into my build locally and it appears to fix the problem. Thank you for fixing this!

When can I expect this to make it into the mainline build to be released to the general public via your maven repository?

Hi Sean,

Please note, Aspose.Cells for Java 8.6.1.4 is a maintenance release therefore we haven’t uploaded it to Maven repository. Only major releases are published at Maven so you have to wait till next major release (scheduled for mid of November) if you wish to get the fix from the Maven.
swillson:
I was able to shim it into my build locally and it appears to fix the problem. Thank you for fixing this!

When can I expect this to make it into the mainline build to be released to the general public via your maven repository?

Thank you for the confirmation, and it is good to know that you are up & running again. Please note, major releases of Aspose.Cells APIs are normally published during the 3rd week of every month. Hopefully it will be available at Maven during the next week.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41550) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.