Recently I discovered a couple of bugs in Aspose.Cells.
First one is an old one - it existed in Apose.Excel I was using so far - 22.214.171.124.
The 2 remaining ones I discovered when testing my software agaist the newest Aspose.Cells hotfix.
1. When you open an xls file containing cells filled with value “#N/A”, after saving such xls all the formating (colors/borders) for those cells are lost (this is the old one)
2. When you copy whole worksheet using .Copy method formulas gets corrupted. Look at the attached sample xls - ouput.xls.
3. There are random strings inserted at various places (i.e. A1 cell in ‘Samplesheet’).
Sample code I used to test it:
Aspose.Cells.Excel ex=new Aspose.Cells.Excel();
I hope these problems will be easy to correct.
Here’s the output.xls file I got after running my sample application.
And my sample.xls file.
Please try this attached fix. 1,2 is fixed.
3 is not a bug. It's an evaluation limitation. Please check http://www.aspose.com/Wiki/default.aspx/Aspose.Cells/Licensing.html .
If you have already bought a license and set it in your code, your license may be expired.
This fixed version works great, both in my test and my real application.
I checked it again against my old Aspose.Excel and it also fixes problems I had with setting dimensions for comments.
Indeed garbage text pops up only in evaluation mode - I didn’t bother with licencing in my test app.
I have a licence file bought just a month ago and it does not cause any problems.
Thanks a lot Laurence