Cells.GridWeb Edit Mode not working well in IE11

Hello,

The gridweb edit-mode doesn’t work well on IE11.

I’ve updated to version 8.1 and had specified the IE8 compatibility mode on my page as below:

It fixed the “unknown browser.” message but the gridweb cell only get into edit-mode when on click but doesn’t get into edit-mode when move to next cell using keyboard keys --> tab, arrows or enter.

Is there any workaround? as using keyboard to move around the cells in gridweb is more convenient than using the mouse click.

By the way, it works fine on Chrome and Firefox.

Hi Siew Kian,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Please provide us your sample project replicating this issue. We will look into it and see how your issue could be resolved and update you asap.

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Should I make correction on my previous description, the gridweb editmode actually is on but when move to next cell through keyboard tab or arrow or enter keys, can’t directly input value to the next cell unless the cell is clicked.

But it seems that problem only occur at IE10/11, (IE8 works fine). Both Chrome(v35.0) and Firefox (v30.0) works fine. Currently we’re advising user to use FireFox or Chrome to perform data entry but our standard practice is to use IE.

I’ve tried it on Aspose.Cells for GridWeb Demos that has been released on your site. I’ve replaced the acw_client folder in the project to the latest, update the GridWeb.dll and include IE8 compatibility in the head of tpl/Demo.Master page.

Please find the attached file for problem detail.

Best Regards

SK Chai

Hi SK Chai,

Thanks for your issue description file and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We have tested this issue on IE 11 with the sample project (attached) and found this issue. We tested it with the latest version: Aspose.Cells for GridWeb v8.1.0.2000

We found that when move to next cell using tab, data could not be entered inside the cell. This works fine in Chrome and FireFox.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42785.

Hello,

Thank you for the prompt attention.

Please note that the issue not only happen when keyboard Tab key is used but also happens to keyboard Enter key or Arrow key (Up, Down, Right, Left) as well.

Best Regards
SK Chai

Hi SK Chai,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We have logged your comments in our database against this issue. Please spare us some time. Once, there is some fix or other news for you, we will update you asap.

Hi SK Chai,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Please specify the IE9 compatibility mode on the page as below:

Actually this issue was caused by IE8, you should use IE9 compatibliity.

Hello,

Yes, the gridweb works fine now after changing to IE9 compatibility.

Thank you for the solution.

Best Regards
SK Chai

Hi SK Chai,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with specifying the IE9 compatibility. We have closed this issue now. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.