Cells Java PDF Conversion Document Properties Stuck

@apose_user_tnr,

Since you can dump the output stream to file OK and the output is just byte array. So we do not think there is something wrong in Aspose.Cells. Maybe your database/table is not clean. We also tried the following code on our side, it works OK.

PdfSaveOptions pdfSaveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
Workbook wb = new Workbook();
wb.getWorksheets().get(0).getCells().get("A1").setValue("using version: " + CellsHelper.getVersion());
ByteArrayOutputStream arrayOutputStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
wb.save(arrayOutputStream, pdfSaveOptions);

//dump to file
byte[] data = arrayOutputStream.toByteArray();
FileOutputStream outFile = null;
try
{
   outFile = new FileOutputStream(outFile.pdf);
   outFile.write(data);
}
finally
{
   if(outFile != null)
   {
      outFile.close();
   }
} 

Please try again on your side with a clean database/table and let us know your feedback.

I will try tomorrow Tuesday. Sorry I have been very busy. Thanks, Tom

In your testing, have you actually written anything to a database blob column ? I am having no problem writing files to filesystem.

@apose_user_tnr,

Thank you for the feedback. We have not written anything to a database blob column as we are considering it as a repository where whatever the blob data is written, same is retrieved afterwards. With this assumption we have tested the scenario using file system.

Thank you for your support in helping me isolate MY problem. After testing writing an empty worksheet blob to the database I was still seeing data when I used my interface to download the blob and viewing it. My download routine was pointing to the incorrect repository. Once I pointed my download to the correct source I was seeing the correct output with v18.8.1 version data and the Excel Spreadsheet converted properly. Thank you very, very much for helping me working through this oversight on my part.

Tom

I was wondering if you could point me to some examples of converting PNG, BMP to PDF using input and output streams. Couldn’t really see any examples of conversion to PDF using output streams.

Thanks In Advance,
Tom

@apose_user_tnr,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out now.

Regarding your query for rendering PNG/BMP to PDF file format, I am afraid we can only help you here regarding Aspose.Cells APIs for manipulating, managing or converting Excel spreadsheets. For converting image files to PDF file format, I guess you may try using our other API named Aspose.Imaging, so kindly post your query in Aspose.Imaging forum, one of our fellow colleagues will help you better there.