Cells removing conditional formatting from template

Hello,

I have a template with conditional formatting where a ‘1’ has a red background, ‘2’ has a yellow, etc. Using the template with Aspose strips out the conditional formatting rules. Is there a fix?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please share the template file and sample code with us to show the issue. We will check it soon. Also, please make sure you are using Workbook.Open method to open the template file as Workbook.LoadData will only fetch the data and not the style and formatting (including conditional formatting).

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hello - This code will remove the conditional formatting from column M:

<!— set the aspose license —>

<cfset
LicfileI =
LicFile.init(JavaCast(“string”,“D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet\Aspose.Cells.lic”))>

<cfset license.setLicense(LicfileI)>

<cfset
workbook=CreateObject(“java”, “com.aspose.cells.Workbook”).init()>

<cfset
open =
workbook.open(“D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet\twg\templates\test_cols.xls”)>

<cfset
workbook.save(“D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet\testtwg\sales_reports\reports\temp\output_more_columns.xls”)>

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the template and generated excel files.

Well, I checked your template file and there is no conditional formatting applied on “M” column. For testing purpose, I added the conditional formatting and saved the file as per your sample code and conditional formatting is present in the generated file. Please check your template file again for conditional formatting and if you have some other template file with such issue, please share it here. We will check it soon.

Hello,

Download ‘test_cols.xls’ from above. Column ‘M’ is conditionally formatted to show yellow for 2, red for 1, green for 3. I just downloaded from above and attached are screenshots. I am using Office 2007.

Thanks,
Mike

Thank you for the feedback.

We have found your mentioned issue after further testing. Your issue has been registered in our internal issue tracking system with issue id: CELLSJAVA-16206. We will look into it and get back to you soon.

Hi Mike,

Such kind of Conditional formattings are imported by
Excel2007 and later versions and I am afraid, currently we do not support them. We will try
to support the feature later when we finish some other important tasks on hand.

Thanks for your understanding!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16206) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.